Mt. Bachelor is looking for a Facilities Maintenance Manger who will be responsible for all building and facilities maintenance activities, including building preservation and upkeep, guest and employee safety within our facilities and buildings, and facilities upgrade projects. The Facilities Maintenance Manager plans, budgets and schedules building maintenance activities, including estimates on equipment, labor materials and other related costs. This position is responsible for ensuring that all maintenance and upgrades are carried out in a professional and cost effective manner. This position mentors, develops and works with the Building Maintenance team while maintaining a safe, clean and positive work environment.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a short and long term list of building and facilities maintenance priorities.
- Plan, budget and schedule annual facilities maintenance and upgrade projects according to the list of priorities.
- Direct the activities of the Building Maintenance team to complete maintenance projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Manage regular preventive maintenance of facility equipment including HVAC, water distribution controls, sewer systems, fire suppression systems, fire/burglar alarms, kitchen equipment, outdoor furniture and indoor/outdoor signage.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships and ensure timely processing of payable accounts.
- Monitor and ensure timely renewal of state certifications and permits including water facilities, annual fire inspections, elevators, and sewer treatment.
- Develop and maintain facility documentation relating to design, operation and functionality of all buildings and facilities.
- Oversee building entrance and rooftop snow removal efforts and immediately address safety concerns developed by changing weather conditions.
- Hold regularly scheduled department meetings.
This is an overview of the responsibilities of this position, it is not intended to an inclusive list of tasks and expectations. The responsibilities may change at any time, and the Facilities Maintenance Manager must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others as needed.
Specific Job Skills:
License/Certifications: Industry certification preferred. Project Management Certification preferred.
Technical: Project management experience. Small equipment operation (snowcat, skidsteer) preferred.
Physical Capabilities: Able to shovel for extended amounts of time.
Minimum education required: Completed Trade Program, College Degree or equivalent education and experience may be considered.
Minimum time in related position: 5+ years in construction, facilities, or maintenance management preferred, 3+ years in staff management.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled