About KinderCare Education®
KinderCare Education operates more than 1,380 early learning centers, and more than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon. In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award – one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award.
- In neighborhoods with our KinderCare® Learning Centers and Rainbow Child Care Centers that offer early childhood education and child care for children six weeks to 12 years old
- At work through KinderCare Education at Work™, family benefits for employers including on-site and near-site early learning centers and back-up care for last-minute child care
- In local schools with our Champions® before and after-school programs.
We have an exciting an opportunity for a Facilities Maintenance Technician II. In this role, you will be responsible to ensure that our centers are a safe, inviting environment for children to grow, explore and learn.
When you join our team as a Facilities Maintenance Technician II you will\:
Under general supervision, our skilled Facilities Maintenance Technicians provide overall maintenance support for KinderCare Learning Centers and Champions before and after school programs, through a consistent level of service and communication to our center staff and the families we support. Through daily management the nature of work involves a variety of facilities related tasks, such as; external/internal building repairs, preventative maintenance, and safety and licensing concerns. KCE does supply a company vehicle and equipment for completing assigned tasks.
- Performs general repairs and improvements to building interior and exterior spaces and facility operating systems (e.g., Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC); electrical; plumbing; other mechanical; and lighting) General carpentry and repair of facility structures, as well as minor plumbing work
- Perform monthly preventative maintenance visits for each assigned center
- Perform safety and security inspections of playgrounds and property
- Monitor performance of outside vendors (landscaping, snow removal, pest control)
- Assists with inspections of renovations and new construction, as well as assisting management in identifying potential capital replacement projects
- Order materials, update and/or create work orders and provide status updates through electronic Facilities Management software and systems
- Other related duties as assigned
- Occasional travel/overnights stays may be required
Required Skills & Experience\:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Maintenance experience in a multi-unit environment, preferred
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, electrical, roofing, carpentry, and/or construction, preferred
- Ability to effectively use iPhone, iPad, and laptop computer (as needed).
- Must be at least 25 years of age to drive company vehicle
- Clear State/Federal background/DMV check
- Knowledge of materials, methods, terminology, equipment and tools used in the maintenance, repair, and construction of building structures and systems, including those used in performing rough and finished carpentry, plumbing, heating, electrical, mechanical, and painting work.
- Knowledge of and ability to use tools of office automation, including computers and applicable software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, and work order management software.
- Time management skills
- Basic knowledge of mechanical equipment and the ability to diagnose and correct equipment malfunctions and a working knowledge of basic machinery preventive maintenance and repair.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply facility maintenance manuals and technical bulletins, construction drawings, plans and specifications.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with team and center staff.
- Strong professional communication skills.
- Self- motivated and able to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Qualified to operate a company vehicle based on a motor vehicle record check and company policy.
Nice to Have; Trade/vocational training or certifications preferred (specific to; HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, roofing, and/or construction).
The benefits our career professionals enjoy\:
In addition to a rewarding career where you help shape children's futures, KinderCare Education provides a competitive compensation package, benefits include\:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Substantial child care discount at KinderCare Learning Centers and Champions before and after school programs
- Generous paid time off
- Education assistance and reimbursement
- Medical expense reimbursement/ Life insurance/Disability benefits/ Health and wellness programs
- 401(k) savings and investment plan with employer match
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools™, Knowledge Beginnings®, Rainbow Child Care Centers and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.