AtKinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery,joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As thenation’s leading private provider in accredited early childhood education,we’re committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educationalopportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
Wesee the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world.Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, andadventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you’re in one of our centersor providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part ofthe KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting thelives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCareEducation has three brands to meet the needs of busy families wherever theyneed us\:
- We’rein neighborhoods with our KinderCareLearning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children6 weeks to 12 years old
- We’reat offices with KinderCare Education atWork, our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer totheir employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers,Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
- Andwe’re at schools with our Championsbefore and after school programs
Wehave an exciting an opportunity for a Facilities Maintenance Technician II.In this role, you will be responsible to ensure that our centers are asafe, inviting environment for children to grow, explore and learn.
Whenyou join our team as a Facilities Maintenance Technician II youwill\:
Undergeneral supervision, our skilled Facilities Maintenance Technicians provideoverall maintenance support for KinderCare Learning Centers and Championsbefore and after school programs, through a consistent level of service andcommunication to our center staff and the families we support. Through dailymanagement the nature of work involves a variety of facilities related tasks,such as; external/internal building repairs, preventative maintenance, andsafety and licensing concerns. KCE does supply a company vehicle and equipmentfor completing assigned tasks.
- Performs general repairs and improvements to building interior and exterior spaces and facility operating systems (e.g., Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC); electrical; plumbing; other mechanical; and lighting) General carpentry and repair of facility structures, as well as minor plumbing work
- Perform monthly preventative maintenance visits for each assigned center
- Perform safety and security inspections of playgrounds and property
- Monitor performance of outside vendors (landscaping, snow removal, pest control)
- Assists with inspections of renovations and new construction, as well as assisting management in identifying potential capital replacement projects
- Order materials, update and/or create work orders and provide status updates through electronic Facilities Management software and systems
- Other related duties as assigned
- Occasional travel/overnights stays may be required
In addition to a rewarding career where youhelp shape children's futures, KinderCare Education provides a competitivecompensation package, benefits include\:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Substantial child care discount at KinderCare Learning Centers and Champions before and after school programs
- Generous paid time off
- Education assistance and reimbursement
- Medical expense reimbursement/ Life insurance/Disability benefits/ Health and wellness programs
- 401(k) savings and investment plan with employer match
RequiredSkills & Experience\:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Maintenance experience in a multi-unit environment, preferred
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, electrical, roofing, carpentry, and/or construction, preferred
- Ability to effectively use iPhone, iPad, and laptop computer (as needed).
- Must be at least 25 years of age to drive company vehicle
- Knowledge of materials, methods, terminology, equipment and tools used in the maintenance, repair, and construction of building structures and systems, including those used in performing rough and finished carpentry, plumbing, heating, electrical, mechanical, and painting work.
- Knowledge of and ability to use tools of office automation, including computers and applicable software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, and work order management software.
- Time management skills
- Basic knowledge of mechanical equipment and the ability to diagnose and correct equipment malfunctions and a working knowledge of basic machinery preventive maintenance and repair.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply facility maintenance manuals and technical bulletins, construction drawings, plans and specifications.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with team and center staff.
- Strong professional communication skills.
- Self- motivated and able to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Qualified to operate a company vehicle based on a motor vehicle record check and company policy.
Niceto Have;Trade/vocational training or certifications preferred (specific to; HVAC,electrical, plumbing, carpentry, roofing, and/or construction).
KinderCare Education is an EqualOpportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration foremployment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion,disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status,gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, orfederal law.