Newport Healthcare is a series of evidence-based healing centers for adolescents and families struggling with mental health issues. With locations across the United States, Newport Healthcare offers a family-systems approach, providing gender-specific, individualized, and comprehensive holistic programs that encompass clinical therapy, academic support, and experiential practices. We treat individuals, ages 12–18, who are experiencing depression, anxiety, eating disorders, trauma, and substance abuse. Offerings include residential treatment, intensive outpatient programming, therapeutic day schools, and day treatment. Newport Healthcare nurtures the physical, psychological, social, educational, and spiritual needs of adolescents and their families, from a foundation of compassionate care, clinical expertise, and unconditional love. Our primary mission is to empower teens and restore families. Experts include medical directors, psychiatrists, therapists, registered dietitians, nurses, licensed social workers, teachers, and more.
Empowering Lives. Restoring Families.®
The Maintenance Technician addresses the essential facilities needs component of Newport Academy's programs. He or she is responsible for coordinating and completing preventative maintenance and repairs for all facilities as well as reporting any health, and safety compliance requirements of the facility that are not being met. This is an entry level position.
- A working knowledge of requirements for the maintenance of all utilities including well systems, septic systems, plumbing, HVAC systems, electrical service and hardware, backup generators and fuel supplies.
- Coordinating preventative facilities maintenance appointments for the maintenance work that cannot be done in house.
- Periodic water temperature checks and recordings.
- Periodic sprinkler system pressure/water level recordings.
- Assist in general facility maintenance and repairs, setup/movement of items, carpentry, plumbing, painting all performed whenever necessary.
- Ensure all work is completed in a timely manner and to Newport Academy standards.
- Schedule work effectively, limiting disturbance to programming and staff.
- Maintaining professional working relationships with contractors.
- Periodic facility wide walk-through and documentation of all repairs necessary to maintain environment and ensure Newport Academy standards are met.
- Prioritizing and completing tasks by importance.
- Conducts quarterly and yearly testing of the fire alarms and sprinkler systems.
- 2 plus years’ facilities maintenance experience preferred.
Newport Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.