The Wonderful Company is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Technician. The Facilities Maintenance Technician will work under limited supervision performing preventative and predictive maintenance and repair of appliances. In addition will coordinate and perform construction duties to include carpentry, painting, HVAC and plumbing as part of the ongoing maintenance of the various Philanthropic Facilities in the Central Valley. This position will report to the Director Philanthropy Facilities.
Here's what you'll do:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Self-direct to perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance, repair and construction duties in the maintenance of designated facilities, utilities and equipment including tasks in electrical work, HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, locksmithing and painting; assist in assuring a safe environment.
* Perform general painting tasks; clean, sand, seal, and prepare interior and exterior walls and other surfaces for painting; paint walls, ceilings, trim work, and other surfaces using rollers, brush, or power sprayers; mix and match paints, stains, and varnishes.
* Perform general plumbing repairs as directed; assist with installing, repairing and maintaining fixtures, toilets and sinks; repair sprinklers and dig trenches for irrigation system installation; install, replace and repair pipes; install and make emergency repairs and adjustments to plumbing fixtures and equipment, including pipes, washers and gaskets, faucets, floats, and valves; clean and unclog drain lines; assist with water and gas line repairs.
* Assist in installing and repairing electrical systems as assigned; install, maintain and replace light bulbs, wiring and fixtures; make routine repairs to electrical wiring, switches, outlets, fixtures, conduits, and motors; install and repair light ballasts; repair shop tools and custodial equipment.
* Perform routine heating, ventilating ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration maintenance and repairs as directed; may install, maintain, repair, operate, and test heating plant systems, cooling systems, fire sprinkler systems, individual heaters, and cooling, freezing, and refrigeration units; maintain gas and water lines; replace filters and unclog drains as necessary.
* Repair and refurbish cabinets, bookcases and a variety of classroom equipment; install and repair floor and ceiling tiles, roofs and shelving; perform general carpentry tasks involved in the alteration, repair, and maintenance of buildings and grounds, including work on partitions, walls, forms, floors, roofs, cabinets, doors, windows, screens, wood fixtures, and furniture.
* Repair, replace chain link fencing; lay out, cement posts in place.
* Install, repair, and patch walls and walkways; may mix, pour, and finish concrete; construct necessary forms.
* May replace broken windows.
* May make minor repairs to and monitor pressure boiler systems; may service motors on compressors, heaters, blower and pumps.
* Perform preventive maintenance on equipment such as troubleshooting, repairing or replacing switches, receptacles, valves, belts and motors; maintain fans, thermostats and pumps; assist with repairs to bells, clocks, lighting circuits and other equipment.
* Maintain routine records related to assigned activities.
* Inventory and maintain parts; prepare routine maintenance requests and work orders; compile and sort purchase material receipts; maintain logs and records; read, compose and maintain daily emails as assigned.
* Comply with mandated reporting requirements.
* Attend meetings and in-service training as required. Prepares documentation (e.g. records of refrigerants, paperwork, logs, time and materials, specifications, etc.)
* Manages maintenance and repair budget and maintains inventory of facility maintenance equipment and supplies
* Work sites include all Wonderful Company properties located throughout the Central Valley
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Appliance repair, plumbing, HVAC and electrical systems.
* Appropriate training and certifications relevant to duties
* Ability to service utility equipment as recommended by manufactures.
* Maintain tools in good condition and use tools carefully as instructed.
* High mobility, performing maintenance on utility equipment throughout the facility, walking up ladders and stairs daily.
* Adheres to a culture of professionalism and operational excellence
* Result-oriented and willing to roll up sleeves to tackle any task
* Prioritizes changing demands, multi-tasks, and has the ability to meet tight deadlines
* Assumes and executes additional responsibilities as assigned.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training
* Valid California Driver License and clean driving record
* Strong ability to communicate in a professional manner with both internal and external stakeholders Must be able to work independently.
* Must be mechanically inclined.
* Must be able to perform all job functions safely.
* Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
* Highly mobile, lots of walking both on flat surfaces and up/down stairs.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
* Must be able to perform work on ladders and boom lifts.
* Must be able to work in extreme temperatures of -10 degrees to over 110 degrees.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
* Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
* Subsidized gym membership.
* Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
* Work life balance.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 9,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and one of the top-selling salty snacks; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America's No. 1 premium bottled water brand; Teleflora is the No. 1 floral delivery service through local florists; and JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled