EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Technician
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolves client customer work order requests on computer based work order system
- Assists, when necessary, the Lead Technician or Maintenance Technician III in repair, adjustment and maintenance of refrigerants, heat exchangers, HVAC equipment and systems, electrical, emergency backup systems and hot water systems; chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; records readings as necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment and makes adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment and notifies appropriate parties of any problems or malfunctions
- Performs handyman type tasks around the facility including door repairs, cube setups, plumbing repairs, paint, patch, light bulb replacement and ballast change out.
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintains a clean and safe workspace.
- Performs and documents maintenance and repairs in a timely and accurate manner
- Performs manual labor tasks such as loading, unloading, lifting and moving materials.
- Performs building rounds and is responsible for reporting equipment malfunctions
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age
- At least 1 year in Facility Maintenance or related field
- Valid state drivers license with clean MV record
- Any other trade certificate
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspond accordingly
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
The work site for this position is:
1 Portola Ave.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer