The Facilities Manager reports to the Operations Manager. The Facilities Manager is responsible for providing expert consultation in one or more areas for the design, development, and implementation of products, processes, plans, and procedures. Recommends alterations and enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals which will support the manufacturing organization and enable growth for the facility. May lead or provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be one of the top level contributors/specialists on major projects. May supervise other engineers and/or technicians on an ongoing basis or as needed for the term of assigned projects.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the facilities maintenance team, consisting of 1-2 facilities engineers, a maintenance supervisor, and up to 15 maintenance mechanics
- Responsible for troubleshooting and identifying root causes of equipment issues and ensuring timely and effective resolutions to equipment issues
- Responsible for directing and supervising maintenance activities to ensure departmental work flow and plant downtime is minimized
- Manages up to 15 capital projects simultaneously, each with a budget ranging from $50k to over $1M. Projects include:
- General construction and building modifications
- Manufacturing equipment installations and modifications
- HVAC and other facilities equipment installations and modifications
- Responsible for preparing RFQ’s and gathering quotes/bids from vendors and contractors to prepare capital appropriation requests
- Responsible for the specification and design of equipment and equipment support systems for the manufacturing facility
- Manage procurement of equipment for production needs and provides direction on installation of equipment and processes in the manufacturing environment
- Work directly with multiple teams to successfully achieve varied goals
- Work closely with and favorably represent PCC with customers and suppliers
- Logical and analytic approach to problem solving
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Requires a BS degree in an engineering discipline with at least 2-5 years relevant experience OR equivalent experience.
- Broad knowledge of mechanical, industrial, materials science engineering along with investment casting technology
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in engineering principles and disciplines; employed manufacturing processes; statistical analysis (data correlation); preparing equipment specifications; ability to define, plan, and complete major projects; ability to supervise/direct activities of professionals with diverse expertise.