Island seeks a full-time Facilities Manager to perform general and facility operations functions at our facility in Oakland, CA.
You’ll love this job if you are the type of person that doesn’t mind rolling up your sleeves to dive into and complete tactical work while at the same time creating processes that are more strategic for the long term. The overall goal of this position is to ensure that the plant is operational and ready for production to meet our large growth in 2020! This means we are looking for someone with great problem solving skills and a sense of urgency.
The Facilities Manager works interdepartmentally to create, analyze, and improve standard operating procedures, promote operational and organizational efficiency through the proper implementation of compliance measures and key vendor relations management.
- Oversee tenant improvement projects:
- Construction: manage vendors to perform various work including camera, electrical, and security system installations.
- Permitting & Government interaction: ensure proper submission of materials and information to relevant governing agencies, and schedule and coordinate city inspections to maintain Oakland operation.
- Compliance: ensure adherence to regulations in that build outs are properly effectuated with reference to licensing and regulatory requirements
- Be responsible for facility maintenance:
- Work with plant management to ensure the maintenance of tasks ranging from equipment purchases to delivery and installation
- Manage waste / cleaning vendors to ensure that grounds are free of outdated materials, debris and trash, and maintain general cleanliness of the facilities
- Perform repairs during production and non-production hours, participate in scheduled and unscheduled maintenance repairs
- Follow applicable building, county and safety codes and standards
- Report unsafe conditions, practices, operations, and defective equipment to proper supervision
- Complete and log all assigned work orders in a timely fashion
- Identify and repair general electrical, plumbing and appliance issues
- Manage on-site production equipment:
- Ensure all spare parts are readily available for production team
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals to perform required maintenance and service
- Work with plant management to create a Preventative Maintenance schedule for all pieces of equipment
- Maintain and support the installation of production and facility equipment in accordance with safety guidelines, regulations, and SOPs
- Be liaison for IT services:
- Manage relationship with outsourced IT
- Ensure computers, fobs, phones are assigned to new employees, and collected at time of termination/resignation of other employees
- Troubleshoot any issues with internet or on site IT
- Ensure security procedures are adequate and being followed:
- Manage relationship with Bay Alarm
- Be main contact with on site security team
- Manage fobs for restricted access to facility and vault
- Work with plant management to troubleshoot any operational needs that are outside the production process
- BS/BA preferred, AA + relevant work experience required
- Experience working in a manufacturing/production setting required (3+ years)
- Minimum 2 years of facility maintenance or similar experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Ability to work morning and evening hours as required
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times
- Ability to sit or stand for up to 4 hours at a time
Founded in 2014, Island is a leading cannabis company based in California. Our passion for exploration, community, and the outdoors comes to life through our wide range of high quality and straightforward products. Widely recognized as a dominant figure in manufacturing, compliance, and technology, Island continues to build industry-shaping infrastructure while inspiring moments of happiness with our customers. Island boasts an impressive executive team and is backed by some of the most prominent investors in the CPG industry. As part of this journey, we are seeking bright, entrepreneurial leaders that will help propel Island into a nationally recognized brand within our category.