Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW) is the premier global developer and operator of flagship shopping destinations. With a portfolio valued at over €63 billion, the company owns and operates 97 shopping centres, including 56 flagships in the most dynamic cities in Europe and the United States. Our centres, welcoming 1.2 billion visits per year, are present on two continents and in 13 countries, and provide a unique platform for retailers and brands – with an exceptional and constantly renewed experience for customers. The Group also has the largest development pipeline in the industry, worth €12.5 billion, focused on building the shopping and lifestyle destinations of the future. In addition, URW distinguishes itself in the communities we serve through our Better Places 2030 agenda, an ambition to create places that respect the highest environmental standards and contribute to better cities and communities.
Our 3,700 talented professionals, at the forefront of innovation, possess the skills and are committed to the engagement and teamwork required to drive performance and generate superior value.
As a Facilities Manager, you will be an essential member of URW’s Facilities/Risk Management Team. You will be responsible for facility operations, financial management, risk management, center aesthetics, customer experience, capital management and contract administration. To ensure URW provides optimal experiences, this person will be skilled at budgeting, expense control, preventative maintenance program management, managing team of onsite engineers, contractors and vendor relationships, administering contracts, supervising contract maintenance, coordinating the company’s risk management program, and maximizing the customer experience, and maintaining the aesthetic of the center.
We are looking for a Facilities Manager with:
• Demonstrated experience in CMMS system, ecoWISE system, AIQ database, and other operational platforms to efficiently manage the operations of the center. Responsible for the integrity of information in these systems and databases, and ensuring these tools are fully utilized.
• An ability to control expenses including negotiating contracts, authorizing expenditures, and reviewing monthly profit and loss statements.
• An ability to assist with the monthly reforecast of the operating budget and preparation of the annual operational and capital budgets.
• Proven success in minimizing the utility utilization at the center level, including electricity, natural gas, water, sewer, steam, and other externally-provided resources which are critical to the operation of the center in a way that does not compromise the other operational goals of the company.
• Ability to provide on-site support and project management to national initiatives overseen or initiated by the corporate National Operations personnel, including sustainability and energy management.
• Proven success in managing results-oriented contract services, including bids, negotiation, renewals, payment, supervision and termination. All bids to be conducted in compliance with company guidelines and with the utmost integrity at all times.
• Ability to coordinate the timely implementation of operational capital projects according to approved budget amounts. Additionally, responsible for the compilation, submittal, approval, closure, and reporting of the center's operational capital budget items.
• Ability to maintain all fire and life safety systems according to local code, resulting in the protection of visitors, shoppers, and employees at all times while on site at the responsible center.
• Ability to ensure center compliance with all safety programs at the direction of Risk Management, including OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory requirements. Maintains all State and Federal required reports and safety documentation for the center.
• Ability to drive and manage all aspects of the aesthetic of the mall, while maintaining a consistently high customer experience.
The minimum requirements and skills include:
• B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent experience.
• 5 years or more experience in facilities management, preferably in a retail setting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the operations of a shopping center including conformance to budget standards and the day-to-day operation of maintenance, engineering, and housekeeping functions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to manage customers, staff, contractor, governmental, and retailer relationships.
• Ability to produce a budget forecast and analyze budget numbers for conformance to budgetary guidelines; able to explain variances.
• General familiarity with public area and back of house risk areas of a shopping center and measures used to reduce risk in these areas.
• Must be able to inspect the property on a daily basis.
• Must be able to cope with shifting priorities, difficult situations and deadlines.
• Must be able to respond to the property 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to handle emergencies.
• Must be available to work shift work, as required
• Must be highly organized.
• A background of direct responsibility for energy management on a facility level.
Preferred Qualifications include:
• Professional Designations from BOMA-Institute, Institute for Facilities Management (IFM), Institute for Real Estate Management (IREM).
• Computer proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity and experience with performance-based contracting, including preparation of the RFP and bid package, bid analysis and involvement in contract negotiations.
• Familiarity and experience with CMMS computer-based work order systems.
• Familiarity and comfort with automated building systems, EMS ("Energy Management Systems") and other enterprise software systems.
• OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory training and experience is preferred.
If you’ve ever wanted to be part of an innovative business, on the cutting edge of developing and evolving the shopping experience for customers, this is your chance!
URW is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills. We offer a collaborative, innovative, achievement focused culture with unique opportunities for growth in a global company and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.