Presbyterian Homes & Services - Interlude Restorative Suites - Unity located in Fridley is seeking a Facilities Manager / Environmental Services Director (ESD) for our team. The Facilities Manager / Environmental Services Director is a hands on, working manager position who is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and ongoing care of the site's building(s) and grounds. This position requires a working knowledge of building maintenance systems with the ability to diagnose and execute tasks.
Qualified candidates will have leadership experience in areas of engineering, grounds, and maintenance in order to effectively direct and lead the Environmental Services Staff and programs. This position is responsible to provide a safe and secure environment for all customers consistent with regulations and established best practices.
REPORTING STRUCTURE: The Environmental Services Director reports to the Site Leader. The Environmental Services Director will oversee maintenance technicians, engineer technicians, engineers, and other staff as designated at the site. This position will also oversee the use of contracted services for the building, grounds and equipment maintenance.
ABOUT THIS COMMUNITY
Interlude Restorative Suites - Unity520 Osborne Road NEFridley, MN 55432
Interlude Restorative Suites is an exceptional 50 bed transitional care unit that offers a fast-paced environment with a state of the art clinical and rehabilitation program. Interlude combines expert post-hospital medical care with a comfortable spa-like environment to create a place to recover, refresh and renew. With the focus on hospitality, Interlude offers a comfortable and welcoming environment for you to work. As a part of Presbyterian Homes, Interlude is dedicated to bringing the best professionals together in order to provide excellent care to older adults. If you are looking for a beautiful environment with the chance to grow your profession while helping those to recover from an injury or illness, Interlude is the place for you.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as: - Located on a bus route- Off-street parking- Discounted employee meals
This community offers the following care options: Transitional Care/Rehab
The Facilities Manager / Environmental Services Director has responsibility as a member of the site leadership team to participate in the planning and implementation of strategies, operating and capital budgets, and Departmental Programming that ensures a safe and secure environment while achieving short and long-term operational goals and objectives for the site. This position is responsible for supervising the engineering and maintenance staff as well as directs purchasing for these departments.
Buildings & Grounds
- Maintain and implement the PHS designed plan for maintenance/engineering services consistent with resident needs, safety issues, operational needs and budget parameters.
- Participate in completing scheduled plant operations work.
- Regularly solicit customer feedback and incorporate solutions regarding customer satisfaction with the environmental services.
- Establish and maintain effective communication systems with all customers.
- Supervise the work of planned construction projects.
- Coordinate the work and assist with obtaining, maintaining, and updating of contracted services related to building, grounds, and equipment maintenance.
- Develop Requests for Proposal for Contracted Services.
- Coordinate fire and emergency procedure drills according to regulatory requirements.
- Consult with PHS Regional Engineers, Site Leadership, Vendors, Contractors, and Sales Representatives regarding building equipment problems, equipment purchases, service contracts and future expansions.
- Ensure maintenance of campus equipment (boilers and related auxiliary equipment) is in safe operating conditions at all times.
- Ensure emergency power systems, life safety systems, HVAC systems, plumbing and electrical systems, security systems, resident call systems, and other building related systems are functional and maintained.
- Manage the PHS Work Order and Preventive Maintenance Program.
- 3-5 years of experience in Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) or senior housing operations.
- Must possess valid MN 2-C Boilers license and CPO (Certified Pool Operator), or the ability to successfully obtain.
- Must be able to fulfill on call requirements as required.
- Must have strong working knowledge in environmental regulatory compliance related to fire, safety, OSHA.
- A minimum of three years management experience, specifically in managing two or more staff, managing at a department or supervisor level, direct budget responsibilities, managing oversight of more than one trade discipline, project management responsibilities.
- Systems view understanding of site operations and managing departments.
- Computer competency in programs necessary for jobs success including Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated organizational, administrative, leadership and prioritization skills.
- Must have flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work effectively with residents, coworkers, family members and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to create Requests For Proposal, review and standardize bids, insure vendor performance for positive budget and execution outcomes.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
- Must be able to participate in an after hours emergency on-call rotation consisting of one week on-call at a frequency depending on the size of the on-call group.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.