Lighthouse Academies of Arkansas is searching for a Facilities Manager for July 1, 2019 - Start Date. This position is full-time and offers full health insurance and benefits. Please submit your application for consideration.
Candidates with experience overseeing the maintenance work and custodial staff at multiple schools will be HIGHLY considered. The salary for this position starts at $40,000 depending on years of experience and qualifications.
Lighthouse Academy (LHA) custodians are more than staff members. They help transform children’s lives by creating opportunities for a brighter future. We are seeking a custodian who will make the commitment to conduct their work with determination, integrity and purpose, embodying these essential qualities:
- Past experiences and actions reflect a commitment to the LHA mission, vision, core values
- Work in schools that demonstrates a sense of urgency and the relentless pursuit of high academic student achievement
- Reflective, self-aware and adaptable to communication and work styles of others
- Critical thinker and problem solver who takes initiative
- Belief in the power of collaboration and works to build a collaborative culture with LHA network, community, staff, families and students
- A passion and ability to build and sustain the LHA K-12 model in a high need, urban environment
A Lighthouse Academy custodian is a staff support position that requires cleaning and maintenance work in a public school environment. The person is required to interact with the school staff, public, and students when performing the functions of the position. The essential functions for our custodians are as follows:
- Clean, dust, and sanitize rooms; clean and wax floors; clean windows and stairs; sanitize lavatories, furniture, appliances, and support apparatus.
- Operate equipment needed to complete essential functions including: vacuum cleaner, rug cleaner, hand and small power tools. Some equipment is heavy and cumbersome.
- Install paper products; deliver supplies and materials.
- Perform preventive maintenance work, paint, replaces bulbs, ballast, and replace glass.
- Relocate furniture and equipment; complete facility setups, as directed by school principal or regional director.
- Operate and test building systems, including HVAC, fire protection, security control, lighting, and safety.
- Complete inventory reports of furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Complete daily cleaning and maintenance reports, and supply orders.
- Complete building and equipment maintenance tasks.
- Attend and participate in training programs.
- Keep equipment assigned to him/her clean.
- Follow safety procedures at all times.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Director of Facilities.
Examples of Work:
- Clean floors using appropriate products in the amount recommended by the manufacturer, following procedures required for the effective use of the product. Wax floors, clean rugs, and complete other cleaning functions following protocol.
- Complete maintenance tasks following established procedures, such as emptying trash, sanitizing bathrooms, sweeping floors.
- Paint classrooms after proper preparation of the surface, with the appropriate paint and materials; clean area and equipment.
- Deliver requested supplies when authorized by the supervisor.
- Move furniture and supplies as requested by the supervisor.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- At least two (2) years in similar position or a position with comparable functions or a graduate of a facility cleaning and maintenance training program.
- Reading, writing, and mathematics skills equivalent to a High School graduate.
- Knowledge of federal and state safety regulations that apply to public buildings.
- Knowledge of AHERA regulations.
- Valid driver's license for assignments that involve travel between buildings or to pick up supplies.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to work on a team.
- Knowledge pf First Aid and CPR is required.
- Effective oral communication skills are required. Manual dexterity is required. The position requires moderate to heavy physical activity and lifting.
- The position works 12 months per year. This person does work during school vacations.