Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Responsible for the day-to-day administration of policies, procedures and programs that assures a well-managed, well-maintained portfolio of building(s). Maximum emphasis is placed on providing a positive response to the concerns and needs of the occupants and quality programs, in coordination and conjunction with the Client's or Owner's goals and objectives and compliance with the client's Master Service Agreement.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ultimately responsible for continual communication / interaction with the Client, building landlord(s) or managing agent(s) relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the property(ies).
- Ensure that appropriate disciplines and auditing procedures exist and are updated for all functions managed in accordance with company and client policy and operating standards.
- Assists in the development of and ensures execution of all maintenance programs relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the properties, assuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Manage facilities staff and ensure continuous service to building(s).
- Responsible, at all times, for providing staff members, building tenants and client's with premium customer service.
- Administer programs that effectively measure customer satisfaction with internal / external clients and vendors. Address problems or issues with staff providing seamless service to clients and vendors.
- Develop and administer the Property Operating Plan and Budget for the property, subject to the approval of the VP, Account Manager.
- Collect and analyze reports addressing operational data. Data may be required to provide accurate and current assessment of facility management objectives to clients and senior management.
- Participates in the selection of contract services, vendor negotiation of service agreements and day-today monitoring of vendor performance, including mail service, reprographics, copier and print services to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- Work with staff to set and attain meaningful performance and developmental goals. Monitor the progress of staff goals and provide appropriate support. Address necessary issues to keep unsatisfactory performance, disruptions, and discontent to a minimum. Maintain effective two-way communications between you and your staff and the client.
- Process necessary paperwork to ensure proposed salary increases are warranted and effective in a timely manner. Ensure equal opportunity exists within department, as relative to opportunities, development and salary levels.
- Attend and participate in external or in-house activities, meetings, organization, etc., as approved or directed by account management.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing projects on a national or regional scope that will drive process improvement and/or streamline business processes.
- Oversight of mail room and office services operations, work environment, and space utilization management.
- Collaborate with client on Green Initiatives.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; Professional certification (e.g. CFM) is preferred
- Minimum 5 years previous facilities management experience
- Participation in recognized professional association (e.g. IFMA)
- Certified in facilities management and IFMA designation as Certified Facility Manager, not required but desirable
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions
- Knowledge of computers
Benefits and Perks:
- Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
- Generous healthcare
- Bright Horizons back-up care program
- Generous paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- Referral Program
- Opportunities to network and connect
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location.
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.