Management reserves the right to change the essential duties of this position description from time to time as necessary
This position is responsible for the maintenance of Casino buildings and property. S/he prepares periodic property preventative maintenance inspection schedules and addresses any/all issues accordingly. The Facilities Manager participates in the division budget process and ensures adherence to the same.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for requisitioning the materials required for maintenance, repairs and special projects related to Casino buildings and property. Additionally, s/he prepares division work schedules in accordance with division needs.
This position ensures the confidentiality, security and accuracy of guest’s and team member records, and promotes positive guest and team member relations. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required and outstanding guest service to fellow team members, guests, vendors, etc. is expected. Regular attendance is required, and on occasion, later hours or weekend time may be required with project deadlines and a neat well-groomed professional appearance is essential at all times.
This position directly supervises all Facilities team members.
The essential function of the Facilities Manager includes but not limited to:
- Responsible for the maintenance of Casino buildings and property; and the Tribal Center and Enterprise grounds.
- Uses Maintenance Connection Software to track the status of work orders.
- Interacts with contractors and vendors as needed.
- May oversee the work of and provide direction to contractors working within the scope of his/her authority.
- Prepares work schedules ensuring ample coverage at all times. Approve timecards.
- Requisitions and receives division supplies and equipment.
- Directly responsible for division’s quality control inspections.
- Collaborates with the Director of Facilities in anticipating preventative maintenance issues that need to be addressed, the cost of materials and labor to complete the work, and a reasonable timeframe for completion.
- Proposes timelines for various phases of projects and ensures adherence to the same.
- Mentors team members and participates in the divisions’ succession plan with a primary focus on Chehalis Tribal Members.
- Ensures division performance evaluations, team member recognition and disciplines are conducted in a professional and timely manner.
- Collaborates with Director of Facilities in the recruiting, hiring, performance evaluation, associate recognition, Leaves of Absence (including Worker’s Compensation) and discipline processes.
- Exemplifies the Casino’s “Soaring Service Program,” Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Promotes and fosters both a positive morale and guest service culture throughout the Casino.
- Understands the Casino’s Disaster Preparedness Plan, his/her role and that of division team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field and/or a combination of equivalent education and experience will be considered.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A minimum of five (5) years of facility maintenance experience, proven managerial experience is required. A working knowledge of building and grounds maintenance; (i.e. plumbing, electrical, carpentry, tree/shrub trimming, street sweeping etc.) preferred. Must have the ability to read and interpret blue prints, construction concepts and general project management.
Must have an exceptional mathematical and analytical aptitude and strong computer skills with Windows platforms and be proficient with Maintenance Connection Software. Requires proficiency with business English and etiquette, including grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and the ability to write business correspondence, prepare/present reports and meet deadlines. Must be an innovative, creative self-starter with the ability to multi-task, adapt to change easily and work individually or as part of a team.
Must be a minimum of 21 years old and have the ability to obtain and retain a Washington State Class III Gaming License; successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen; and have and maintain a driving record that at least meets the minimum requirements established by Lucky Eagle Casino & Hotel vehicle insurance provider.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle; feel; or grip objects, stretch and/or reach with hands and arms; stoop; crouch or work in cramped or awkward positions; repetitive motions. This person may regularly lift and/or move up to 75+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust to focus.
The environment characteristics describe here are representative of those a team member may encounter while performing the essential functions of the position.
Indoors - you may be exposed to heavy smoke and fluctuations in temperature while in and around the Casino and/or Hotel. May also, from time-to-time be exposed to noise from slot machines, customers, music and public announcement system, as is common in a Casino and/or Hotel environment.
Outdoors - you may be exposed to all types of weather to include but not limited to summer heat, winter cold, humidity, rain, snow, wind, and any other weather conditions experienced at the property. May also be exposed to normal conditions related to the position i.e. low light levels, noise from equipment, dust, pollen, odors, wildlife, etc.
The Lucky Eagle Casino & Hotel operates in a 24/7 environment.
Click Here To Apply