At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
Corporate Real Estate Operations’ Infrastructure Services team sustains and operates facilities and campus space supporting a wide range of businesses for The Walt Disney Company across the Los Angeles area. All aspects of facility maintenance, repair and operation are performed across all trades using a combination of in house staff and contract services. The team also operates and maintains utilities, grounds, and hardscapes on the company’s campuses. This team also provides the engineering services necessary to address daily needs, develop sustainable master plans, and inform construction initiatives by others. The team plays a key role in establishing standards and long term strategies for asset management.
- Act as HVAC and Mechanical Asset lead, including working alongside in-house trades to maintain inventory database through existing TRIRIGA CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System). Work closely with Program Manager to establish life cycle program management for all mechanical systems. Be the designated Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the mechanical systems
- Evaluates existing facilities to ascertain their condition and prepares reports depicting the condition, deficiencies observed, designs necessary for repairs, and estimated cost of repairs to provide whole life cycle analysis on the building condition assessment including flooring/roofing/architectural elements.
- Provide detailed scope and rough cost estimates for short and long term repairs and renovations on projects. Assist with prioritizing capital projects for current and future fiscal year portfolio alongside operations managers, project managers, and program manager.
- Provide Engineering expertise in all areas of facilities engineering systems.
- Provide Engineering services to plan, review design, construct and maintain facilities’ mechanical systems.
- Provide oversight and field guidance to contractors and in-house trades.
- Integrate new industry technologies and methods into standards and practices.
- Assist with answering RFIs, reviewing submittals, and reviewing closeout documentation for project completion
- Evaluate facilities for compliance with local building codes, government regulations, and other compliance requirements including but not limited to Title 24, NFPA, and FM Global data sheets.
- Liaison between Operations and Risk Management in managing the fire life safety testing, inspection, and maintenance program, including vendor and budget management
- Develop and maintain service contracts and bid packages, conduct job walks, award contracts, and facilitate and oversee contract execution. Verify and submit annual budget requests for maintenance contract vendors.
- Collaborate with Design & Delivery project managers on various tenant improvement projects, acting as owner’s representative throughout design and construction. Attend weekly construction meetings and facilitate communication between Operations Team and Project Managers.
- Perform and present analyses of new technologies and/or initiatives for payback, operation validation, etc.
- Coordinates future plans for various improvements on existing facilities, with consultation from architects and engineers.
Project Management (small to mid-size projects)
- Leads turn-key projects through all phases of development, from initial analysis through construction completion and project closeout
- Provide project management for multiple on-going, simultaneous projects including deliverables, milestones, schedules, and budgets
- Teams with internal and external partners to see successful timely completion of all projects.
- Leads internal team and/or external resources on construction and development efforts to support operation’s preventive and corrective maintenance projects.
- Updates schedules and reporting tools to track project status, cost and schedules.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety standards.
- Inspect materials, workmanship, architectural and mechanical and installations for conformance to plans and specifications.
- Drive the Energy Management Program by creating a multi-year plan of action and validating savings and benefits for each phase of the program
- Work with the account representatives at different utility companies regarding utility data, rebate programs, and starting and stopping service as needed for projects and general operations.
- Coordinate with internal Disney partners regarding energy and water-savings initiatives and projects.
- Act as a liaison between outside building property management companies and Disney employees in off-lot locations.
- 3 years of technical experience in facility-related systems (mechanical/HVAC, electrical, fire life safety, etc.)
- Strong design and/or consulting background in facility operations, project management, and utility and energy efficiency management
- Ability to read and interpret construction blueprints, plans, drawings, and specifications
- Knowledge of and ability to apply engineering principles
- Knowledge of the development and use of contracts, estimates, and specifications.
- Ability to maintain records, and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Knowledge of the elements of cost in construction and maintenance including the determination of unit cost records.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Bluebeam, and/or other drawing software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint)
- MS in Mechanical, Electrical, Energy Engineering or equivalent
- 10 years of engineering experience involved in the construction, repair, remodel, operation and maintenance of facilities.
- Knowledge of the standards, codes, and regulations pertaining to the construction and maintenance of facilities.
- Knowledge of national, state, and local building codes and safety standards.
- Knowledge of inspection and investigation techniques
- Knowledge of maintenance management software
- BS in Mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience involved in facilities related systems operations.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.