Provides leadership and guidance to direct reports. Proven management experience with large 2M Sq. Ft Facility building. Proven experience as Facilities Sr. Manager or relevant in the mechanical, electrical and plumbing environment. Well-versed in technical / engineering operations and facilities management best practices. CMMS Experience, (TMA) Building Automation Experience – Johnson Controls, Metasys, Lighting Control Systems (Lutron). Ensures the optimal utilization of the organization's facilities for a project. Ensures proper functioning of facilities through ongoing inspection and maintenance.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Manages, coaches, and develops direct reports to achieve performance goals and company objectives. Monitors the performance of assigned area staff including any permanent subcontractors. Maintains discipline of assigned Partners according to company policy. Conducts timely, complete and meaningful performance management conversations.
- Ensure Client satisfaction by providing a seamless interface into Client’s facilities organization;
- Demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity;
- Serve as the TD’s Corporate point of contact for the Client to communicate any services required under the Contract;
- Oversee the operation, staffing, and development of the Partners;
- Assist with the development and implementation of the annual management plan.
- Serves as a leader and primary technical resource in area of expertise. Acts as the point of contact for customers on site.
- Plans and oversees the delivery of service to customers, both with actual hands-on work, and as a trainer for direct reports, client’s staff and other contractors to assure delivery of defined services. Responds to facility service work orders from building occupants. Monitors, checks and evaluates the completion of major repairs and in-depth planned maintenance. Ensures all shifts are covered and performs operational duties as required to assure contract compliance.
- Responds to emergency calls, working with police, fire and emergency service crews to protect company property and employees.
- Keeps records of safety, health and environmental issues each working day. Ensures the work crew follows all company and customer safety practices and fully utilizes assigned Personal Protective Equipment each work day. Reports and investigates near misses and incident/accidents on the project site.
- Performs a monthly quality and safety walk-through of the entire site with a customer direct report or as needed. Works with the designated Site Safety Technician to initiate safety topics and ensure bi-weekly safety meetings are conducted and that the required attendance sheets are completed and on file. Performs a minimum of two safety observations a month.
- Reads and provides interpretations to all compliance requirements, blueprints, schematics, O&M manuals and specifications to ensure standardization of work.
- Acts on opportunities for improving customer systems.
High School or GED is required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities Management or related field is preferred.
CMMS Experience (TMA)
Building Automation Experience – Johnson Controls Metasys
Lighting Control Systems - Lutron
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
Good analytical/critical thinking.