The Facilities Manager is responsible for the safe, smooth, and efficient operation of the Facilities area of the Maintenance Department. This position is responsible for all field and administrative duties, including budget, inspections, maintenance, updates, and improvements, as well as the day to day operation of the assigned areas. The Facilities Operations Manager will hire, train, supervise, schedule, direct, and coach all team members in the Facilities area.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Direct and oversee all Facilities department operations, including maintenance to all buildings-structures and landscape, HVARC, F & B equipment, Games equipment, storm water, well and domestic water, electrical power, trash removal, Sign & Paint Shop, pest control, plumbing, park lighting, in park background music, and ride and attractions PA systems.
- Ensure all equipment/materials in area of responsibility are in good repair, performing or coordinating preventative maintenance and repair as required/appropriate, working within budget constraints
- Maintain inventory of all supplies/materials and equipment, developing plans/budgets for repair/replace
- Assist in the development and implementation of the necessary business plans for the department, including annual financial business plans, long range plans, budgets, etc.
- Provide leadership and direction to Facilities team on an ongoing basis
- Direct all aspects of the employment experience for the Facilities employees, to include screening, hiring, training, scheduling, motivating, retaining, developing, disciplining, promoting, and terminating
- Assist in the development and implementation of department policies and procedures, including the development and revision of appropriate training manuals
- Serve as Maintenance Officer of the Day
- Ensure that the overall assigned operation meets the company standards for service, safety, cleanliness, and labor and financial efficiency
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate laws and industry standards
- Assist, cooperate with, and coordinate operations with other Wild Adventures divisions and departments
- Represent the company to guests and other team members in a positive and friendly manner
- Satisfy Wild Adventures’ standards for performance and conduct. For example, report to work regularly and on time.
- Create “Memories Worth Repeating” for our guests
- Perform other duties as needed
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Training - Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
- Communication Skills - Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken or written word.
- Analytical Skills - The Ability to be given direction, understand the direction and achieve positive results by analyzing the situation, the materials given, and the tasks to be done.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Delegating Responsibility - Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
Skills and Abilities
- 3-5 years experience in the Construction-Maintenance or AV-Sound Technical industries required. 1-2 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel required
Certificates and Licenses
- Valid Georgia driver’s license (or ability to obtain)
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs.’/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs.’/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs.’/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision - Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception
Sense of Sound - Ability to hear with both ears
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Ability to wear gloves and safety glasses
Position requires outdoor work in extreme temperatures outdoors in all weather conditions and in presence of dust and odors. Position is susceptible to the exposure of various chemicals and prolonged exposure to sunlight.