- The Facility Services Department (FSD) is responsible for the operations and maintenance of the complex in support of the research mission.
- Coordinate planning and assessment of capital improvement projects including developing an understanding of project functional requirements, construction scope, design concepts with clients; evaluating operational impacts of the project, including cost and revenue; understanding impact on other service units.
- Works collaboratively with Environmental Health & Safety, ISD, Security, and other service units to advise laboratory leadership about capital projects and associated tradeoffs.
- Assist with implementing plans that improve the Laboratory's work place quality and functional operation including larger planning studies with outside consultants.
- Knowledge of and ability to understand design, architecture, engineering and construction principles and concepts.
- Familiarity with building codes.
- Experience utilizing AutoCAD, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and CAFM systems.
- Minimum 5-10 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in management of complex and diverse project planning and execution, strategic planning on institutional, division or departmental level, familiarity with cost drivers and market conditions, and administrative and technical regulatory agencies.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Bachelor's Degree required in planning, architecture, or related field. Active professional credential in one of the above fields.
THIRD PARTY AGENCIES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AND RECRUITERS NEED NOT APPLY. Applicants received from firms will not be considered. Subcontracting is not available for this position.