Discover a world of opportunities. #HumanChemistry
See what chemistry can do for your career: careers.evonik.com
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 121374
Facilities Process Engineer
Location: United States : Hopewell, VA
Career Level: Senior professionals (> 5 years)
Legal Entity: Evonik Corporation
Business Line: BL not assigned
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
Evonik is looking for a mechanical or chemical engineer to serve a two part role in the engineering and operations organization. This position reports to the engineering department. Process Safety management is a core function in the chemical plant's operation.
- This resource will focus on supporting the PSM program as it applies to the engineering and maintenance team and drive consistency in the program as assigned.
- This will include serving as a lead for several PSM elements within the department's PSM program. Under the guidance of the Department manager, the role will provide oversight through procedural discipline and auditing the system and processes.
- Additionally, this position will support the utilities and infrastructure of the Hopewell and Richmond Sites as the technical expert.
- This role will work closely with the Plants, Maintenance and Engineering to meet ISO 50001 and other code related requirements.
- This individual will manage small to medium capital investments for the site, utilities and infrastructure as assigned. These projects may also be plant related as experience and priorities dictate.
- The role will be responsible for supporting the maintenance team and production plants and drive improvements and maintain performance in Utility and Facilities infrastructure.
- An ideal candidate will have experience in Utilities Engineering, Facilities engineering/management, Project management, and OSHA Process Safety Management covered chemical plant operations.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years of Industry Experience (preferred Chemical)
- Background in facilities/maintenance or plant engineering preferred, particularly in a chemical plant.
- Computer literate in Excel, Word, and SAP preferred
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 121374
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.