Facilities Project Engineer I
What You’ll Do:
- Identify, organize and prioritize Facilities projects within the portfolio.
- Align with management to clearly understand their definition of success, ensuring all activities are aligned with strategic objectives.
- Lead teams through projects and mentor early career/junior engineers and assist in growing the team’s overall performance.
- Perform data analytics with regard to project execution, which may include: value stream mapping, capacity demand analysis, or calculating process queues; with the intent of eliminating waste and reducing process variation.
- Facilitate cross-functional teams to execute on a wide variety of projects across Ball Aerospace.
- Successfully manage the execution of multiple capital projects with competing priorities throughout the annual capital cycle.
- Determine project schedules by studying project plans and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements; maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Assist in the integration of new project management systems and processes to continue to improve the department.
- Utilize appropriate PMP methodologies and project management tools (i.e. MS Project, risk registers, Gantt charts, etc.) to monitor and control project schedule, budget, and quality.
- Develop and execute project management process improvement tools and systems
- Drive a high level of customer satisfaction, managing customer expectations and advocating for customer needs.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication and verbal presentations skills, and ability to lead group discussions. Create and deliver effective presentations to the executive staff.
- Blend interdepartmental relationships with proven project management skill and structure to deliver projects on time and under budget.
- Work collaboratively within and outside of Facilities to determine pioneering solutions to complex problems.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in an engineering or architectural discipline or a related technical field is required, plus 8 or more years of related experience
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Project management experience with a history of managing high performing teams; large project (>$30M) experience is preferred.
- An understanding of and penchant for strategic project planning at the portfolio level.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification highly preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Revit, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, MS Suite and Excel.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a team player.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.