Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.); Perform general cleaning. Perform other tasks as assigned. The Facilities Technician will report to Facilities Maintenance Manager and work closely with the Facilities Engineer and R&D Teams. This is a salaried position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform ongoing preventive maintenance and repair work on facility mechanical, electrical, and other installed systems;
- Maintain, operate all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical equipment, plumbing systems, building management system, and building repairs;
- Perform facility inspections and report on condition affecting operations;
- Monitor and supervise HVAC preventive Maintenance contracts;
- Respond to emergencies;
- Prepare and submit summary reports of conditions in buildings and recommend actions to be taken;
- Review and understand equipment and methods of operation, BMS system, fire/life safety, and other systems;
- Comply with all safety procedures and requirements;
- Maintain compliance to City, County, State ordinances and codes;
- Support any afterhours building needs and activities as required;
- Attend training sessions and seminars; and other assigned tasks as requested.
- High School diploma and Certifications
- EPA 608 Technician Certification
- 2 - 4 years of related experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with a computer and tablet devices
- Communicate effectively both orally and writing
- Maintain detailed and accurate reports
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with contractors and Heraeus Personnel
Physical / Mental Activities, Requirements and Demands commonly associated with the performance and functions of this job:
- Standing, Walking, Sitting, Reading, Stooping, climbing Ladders, crawling in / through low spaces;
- Hand and Finger Dexterity, Clear Speech, Hearing/Listening Reading and Writing,
- Clerical, basic Math and Analytical Skills, Judgment, Problem Solving and
- Decision Making; and Heavy Lifting and Moving, Computers and Related Equipment, Heavy Equipment.
Environmental / Atmospheric Conditions
Inside and outside work; Work outside on building roof; Hot and Cold weather.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids Mechanical and Electrical Equipment, Tools and Ladders to be provided by Heraeus.
LEADERSHIP – Consistently accomplishes the expected objectives and takes on extra tasks or projects as required or necessary. Maintains a positive, achievement- oriented attitude and influences others to do the same. Takes initiative with and is proactive in approach to accomplishing tasks. Ability to make decisions and take actions consistent with organizational goals.
INITIATIVE – Level of interest in role development, degree of motivation, and willingness to improve performance and increase job knowledge.
JUDGMENT - Uses discretion in making decisions within the scope of their job. Refers decisions beyond their scope to supervisor. Discretion in handling confidential material.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS – Includes the ability to express ideas effectively whether face to face or in writing in both individual and group situations. Presentations are conveyed in a clear and concise manner to the audience. Adjusting tone and terminology to the needs of the audience. Openly exchanges information in a timely manner. Knows who to keep informed. Uses confidential information with discretion.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION – Ability to schedule workload, set priorities and manage time in order to complete assignments and fulfill responsibilities.
MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES – Ability to use time, money, technology and people as efficiently and effectively as possible. Makes suggestions to improve the resources that pertain to incumbent job responsibilities.
FOCUS – Interaction with internal and external personnel. Requires putting self in other’s place, anticipating and meeting needs quickly and accurately. It also means following up and monitoring situations to be sure everyone is satisfied.
TEAMWORK – Ability to interact and develop relationships with co-workers, give and receive constructive input, contribute ideas and viewpoints, adapt to changing circumstances and expectations and commitment to understand and remedy interpersonal conflicts.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE – Individual’s ability to demonstrate the specific skills necessary to the position using industry procedures, tools, and equipment necessary to accomplish required tasks.
WORK HABITS – Demonstrate commitment, dedication, cooperation, positive behavior, adaptability, and flexibility with changes in jobs duties. Being able to anticipate change and bring about changes when they are needed with proper professionalism.
CREATIVITY – Uses unique approaches and inventiveness. Seeks new alternatives and ideas. Takes appropriate action, and is efficient, resourceful, and creative in attaining position objectives. Ability to be self-directed.
BUSINESS & ORGANIZATION KNOWLEDGE – Having knowledge of the Heraeus business involves understanding our industry and how the position and knowledge plays an important role in the success of the organization. It also includes the ability to acquire new knowledge of our industry and using this information for success.