Data Foundry is seeking a Facilities Technician I who will work in our Houston data centers, which operate 24/7/365, to assist in data center HVAC, Chiller, electrical and mechanical infrastructure maintenance and expansion.
In addition to working with the local data center facilities team, this individual will also interface with outside vendors and contractors, as well as facilities personnel in other company locations. This position reports to the Facilities Manager.
**Required hours: 8 am – 5 pm.
- Solving problems using analytical, technical, and organizational abilities
- Understanding and documenting facilities infrastructure
- Regular monitoring of HVAC equipment (CRACs, CRAHs, Chillers, Pumps, RTUs, etc.)
- Responding to facilities-based alerts and problems
- Producing weekly and monthly reports
- Tracking and trending operational characteristics
- Day-to-day facilities maintenance
- After-hours, weekend, and holiday on-call coverage in a weekly rotation schedule
- Self-motivated learner
- Proven high mechanical and technical aptitude
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work diligently and independently
- Ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with co-workers, management, and contractors
- Ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise during normal working hours or when on call
- Strong computing and documentation skills
- A professional appearance
- Experience working in a data center environment
- HVAC Certifications
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Technically talented teams. A variety of challenging projects. Standard business hours that allow for an enjoyable work/life balance. And, the ability to contribute! This is what you can look forward to if you join our team. This position also offers a generous 401k profit-sharing plan, medical/dental insurance, vision discount plan, and generous paid time off.