It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
BUILDING FACILITIES/SECURITY COORDINATOR
Maintains a safe, functional and comfortable workplace environment. Performs a variety of hands-on, semi-skilled and unskilled tasks in the maintenance, alteration and repair of the building, grounds and related facilities and equipment using a variety of hand and power tools. May work independently, as part of a team and/or accompanies and/or assists and co-ordinates skilled trades services. Plans the overall preventive maintenance and work activities schedule. Identifies equipment or systems for repair, replacement or upgrade prior to necessity and assists in the selection of maintenance equipment and materials needed. Takes active role in space reconfigurations. Performs other related duties as required.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (Facilities):
- Performs and co-ordinate with trades regular emergency generator testing
- Performs and co-ordinate with trades regular transfer switch testing
- Performs and co-ordinates with technicians, fire systems service, repair, testing and inspections
- Assembles & Installs whiteboards, pictures, shelves and other wall hangings and furnishing products
- Applies paint to building interiors or exteriors, equipment, fixtures, paint or stain cabinets, doors and woodwork, filling in and/or smoothing drywall surfaces
- Remove and replace soiled/damaged ceiling tiles
- Paints markings on asphalt, floors or similar surfaces and reseals surfaces
- Drives a company or rented truck or other light vehicle in the course of duties
- Troubleshoots electrical systems –replaces minor electrical fixtures such an fuses, sockets and switches – arranges for servicing and repair
- Assist as necessary janitorial function
- Cleans, adjusts, lubricates and/or replaces door closers, locks, latches, hinges and other building hardware
- Make repairs to fences and gates
- Moves, repairs and/or replaces office furniture and equipment
- Orders, stores and distributes maintenance, janitorial and office supplies
- Co-Ordinates repair of security cameras, magnetic locks and card readers
- Spreads salt and shovels snow from walkways and entrances
- Assists operations in preparation for special events
- Identifies and corrects safety hazards
- Repairs, installs and constructs tables, shelves and other wooden fixtures
- Repairs doors, windows, floors, lockers, gates, fences, roofs and ceilings
- Installs, maintains and repair plumbing fixtures including clogged drains, sinks, urinals and toilets, replaces washers/leaky faucets and flush valves.
- Pick up trash and debris internally and externally
- Removes graffiti from various surfaces
- Inspect gutters and downspouts
- Replace burnt out fluorescent tubes and light bulbs
- Conduct regular building and grounds inspections
- Maintain accurate records of outsourced and in-house salting, shoveling and snow plow services – inspect grounds daily and reports on services during winter
- Conducts fire equipment and building safety inspections
- Take building temperature readings and records data
- Monitors weather forecasts and takes all necessary precautionary steps
- Inventories tools and equipment - reports broken, missing pieces and required pieces
- Co-ordinates IAQ testing with JHSC
- Participates and works with joint health and safety committee
- Co-ordinates annual electrical assessments with trades
- Co-ordinates regular HVAC maintenance and service calls with trades
- Develops, implements and maintain energy savings programs with operations
- Maintain key log assignments – installs and repairs doors and door hardware
- Perform routine maintenance of electrical systems and equipment, and assist in semiskilled to skilled tasks; replace fixtures, switches, fluorescent tubes, and bulbs.
- Co-ordinates service and repair to dock doors, floor plates and control mechanisms
- Install/repair doors and door hardware; lubricate locks and hinges.
- Prepare surfaces for painting; apply paint, varnish, shellac, enamel, or other protective finishes to various surfaces - patches and paint interior and exterior surfaces;
- Picks up and disposes of trash from landscape and parking areas.
- Moves furniture and sets up conference rooms
- Requests and maintains inventory of janitorial, landscape maintenance and repair supplies, materials and parts;
- Prepares shipments for distribution and delivery
- Maintains and arranges for service to lighting systems in buildings and parking lot
- Co-ordinate the service, repair, and refueling of emergency power generators
- Installs and modifies modular furniture configurations
- Installs, repairs, and paint/stuccos sheetrock
- Co-ordinates repair of sidewalks, curbs and the like - mix/pour concrete.
- Locks and unlock doors as requested
- Maintains and arranges for repair of ice machines, refrigerators, dishwashers and small appliances.
- Repairs and/or construct walls and ceilings using metal/wood stud and drywall.
- Co-Ordinates repairs to roofs, windows, screens, venetian blinds, doors & stairwells
- Replaces and installs towel racks, bulletin boards, broom racks and related fixtures replaces linoleum, acoustical and floor tile.
- Install systems furniture and ergonomic accessories
- Arranges for offsite equipment and/or furnishings storage
- Regularly inspects critical building areas including data centers, telephony, and main electrical, mechanical and riser rooms and fire and security panels.
- Ensures all entry/exit points are clear and door mechanisms functional, fire exit doors secured, fire extinguishers and fire pull stations accessible & checks for and reports any physical vandalism.
- Inspects and identifies food vending deficiencies and machine servicing & repair
- Arranges for the removal of abandoned vehicles in parking lot
- Inspects neighboring areas for impacts
- Regular update of site vendor management documentation
- Track and document expenses & occupancy against site capacity
- Monitor invoices and ensure payments are on time
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (Security):
- Control of general access to the facility. Monitoring of security cameras and review of daily security logs
- Photograph all new employees
- Create security cards for new employees using Access Card System
- Activate and deactivate Visitor cards, temporary employee cards and employee cards as required in Access Card System
- Monitor and edit function of alarm system and supply codes to staff as required.
- Trouble shoot or manipulate security doors and equipment using Access Card System
- Generate attendance reports for Management
- Trouble shoot and repair security systems
- Generate monthly card holder audits and match to HR active lists
- Escort Visitors/Contractors inside the building.
- Respond to all security alarms during business hours and after hours
- Investigate and report all security issues
- Keep accurate logs of all employee cards, photos and security reports
- Conduct monthly security system test
- Work at times with local Fire and police departments
- Monthly inspection and report of building security concerns
- Maintain all security equipment
- Order and inventory all security supplies and maintain up to date records
- Work closely with all Contractors to resolve all security issues
- Solve all card access issues immediately
- Assist reception with monthly card audits on all temp employee and visitor badges
- Monthly inspection on all fire safety equipment and log findings
- High computer skill level to be able to and maintain compliance documents for multiple locations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of procedures used in scheduling and organizing work
- Knowledge of safety principals and practices in building maintenance work
- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment required in carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, concrete work and hand tools
- Working towards recognized facilities accreditation such as Building Environmental Certificate (desirable but not mandatory)
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of a variety of power and hand tools
- Knowledge of the operations of fire safety and emergency power systems including emergency generators in commercial buildings
- General methods and practices used in a variety of building trades, such as carpentry, general construction, electric, plumbing, painting, and heating/air conditioning systems.
- Enhanced computer skills primarily Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge and experience with space planning (AutoCad preferred)
- Basic principles and practices of record keeping.
- Five years of building maintenance with a range of skills, activities and equipment
- Demonstrated hands on mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read, write and perform fundamental arithmetic calculations
- Ability to perform semi-skilled maintenance and repair work at the journey level in one or more of the following trades: plumbing, painting, carpentry, HVAC, fire safety systems and emergency generators, access control systems
- Read and understand blueprints, construction drawings and schematics.
- Must have a driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle.
- keep extensive records and prepare detailed reports of work done, time spent, and materials used.
- Perform hand and bench work using power tools and other equipment
- Must understand basic blueprints and work from rough sketches; prepare rough sketches.
- Adaptability - Incumbents may work outdoors in all types of weather conditions and may also be required to work in or around hazardous and adverse conditions; Must be able to work under ongoing pressure with changing and conflicting priorities;
- Customer Focus - Established and demonstrated intense customer service skills, Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other employees, and the public using principles of good customer service; Must be willing to respond to emergency calls in off hours - Independent travel required
- Communication - Independently understand and follow oral and written instructions;
Must be able to communicate clearly, concisely in a professional and diplomatic manner both orally and in writing; must understand and accept criticism and apply lessons learned.
- Problem Solving - On a continuous basis, know and understand operations, and observe safety rules; intermittently analyze problem equipment; identify and locate equipment; interpret work orders; remember equipment location; and explain jobs to others; make recommendations and assist in the selection of equipment and materials needed;
- Organization and Planning - Must be able to plan preventive maintenance and work activities schedule; Excellent time management skills to simultaneously handle and prioritize multiple projects, tasks and requests.
- Teamwork - Must be able to establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, especially in situations involving conflict; Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.; must be able to work independently or part of a team without direct supervision.
- Must be able to climb ladders, stairs, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. alone; 100 lbs. with assistance
Concentrix is an equal opportunity employer. Concentrix evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic .