Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 70749BR Date posted 08/11/2018 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country US
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for a dedicated individual to support our organization.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. If you encourage to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Instrumentation Facility Controls Engineer in our West Palm Beach, FL location.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you.
Inclusion Powers Innovation
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to craft a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The SE-V Facility Controls organization is looking for a highly engaged/motivated self-starter to join our team. Facility Controls Engineers support all Pratt & Whitney Military, Commercial and Industrial Development Engine programs.
Responsibilities of this position include but not limited to:
Control System Design and Software Development
- HMI Screens, PLC Logic and icon based logic design with control loop tuning.
- Signal Conditioning Hardware specification and configuration.
- Knowledge of control hardware, instrumentation, and wiring/cabling.
- Configuration of basic network and device communications.
- Create high level detailed wiring/interconnection documentation.
- Motor control design including constant and variable speed AC, servo and stepper motor.
- Power distribution design for medium (460VAC) and low voltage (AC & DC) systems
Qualification: Required Qualifications
- BS degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- 4+ years of Aerospace/Electrical Controls Environment experience
- US Citizen required, due to Government contracts
- Ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
- Preferred AutoCad Experience + AB ControlLogix Experience ++, AP Rockwell and Control Loop Tuning++.
- Electrical and Control System Field Support and Troubleshooting.
- Special Test Equipment and Test Stand Control System Maintenance/Modification.
- Collaborate with various organizations across SE-V including but not limited to Test Engineers, Test Systems Engineering, Measurement Systems Engineering and other Validation customers.
- Use of AutoCad to update and create new electrical wiring diagrams.
- Identify improvements to Engineering Standard Work (ESW) during execution of assigned tasks.
- Use of ACE (quality program tools) to identify continuous improvement methods.
- Some off-shift support will be required.
Education: Education / Certifications
BS degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.