Company Name: Smith's Food and Drug
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Lead and manage fuel maintenance technicians. Develop fuel technicians’ knowledge, skill and abilities. Provide fuel station maintenance, repair and support to assigned service calls. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive independently to stores on a daily basis as assigned.
- Perform various preventative maintenance tasks and procedures.
- Supervise repairs to fuel station systems.
- Identify and repair defects in hanging hardware and dispenser exterior
- Navigate and investigate electronic controls interfaces.
- Evaluate, repair, replace and maintain various components of dispensing equipment that could release product vapors and respond to fueling mishaps and emergency conditions such as replacing filters, nozzles, hoses, and breakaway valves.
- Perform safety checks when returning dispensing equipment to service after fueling incident and maintenance incidents.
- Maintain an accurate and organized inventory of parts.
- Operate equipment, vehicles, powered industrial trucks and aerial lifts safely.
- Clean and maintain company service vehicles, if one is assigned.
- Orally communicate with store personnel regarding the proper use of equipment as it relates to repeat calls and overtime.
- Utilize company email system to send and receive messages.
- Oversee compliance testing and documentation of applicable equipment
- Properly complete all repair, labor, parts purchasing and usage documentation in a timely fashion.
- Comply with all department and company policies and procedures.
- Work independently 24/7 on call when required.
- Assist other skilled trade technicians in repairs as requested.
- Provide feedback on performance reviews.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, high aptitude for standing and walking endurance, sitting while driving to various stores, lifting and carrying up to 100 pounds, pushing and pulling, climbing ladders of various types, bending, squatting, and kneeling, and working in different temperatures inside and outside the store.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years’ proven fuel experience and satisfactory overall performance
- Maintain manufacturers’ certifications, such as Wayne, Veeder-Root, and Incon
- Knowledge of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requirements
- Experience reading engineering drawings, manuals and schematics
- Experience using control manufacturer software
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when necessary
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- Commercial fuel technician experience
- Supervisory experience
Education Level: Bachelor's Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Smith's: A division of the Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) one of the nation’s largest grocery retailers, Smith’s currently operates 139 stores and 95 fuel stations throughout seven western states. Smith’s charitable giving, in partnership with 18,000+ associates, generous customers and suppliers, totaled $13.8 million in cash and food products to local organizations in 2015. For more information visit: www.smithsfoodanddrug.com or https://www.facebook.com/careerarsmiths.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: NV || Las Vegas || 2211 N Rampart Blvd || 89128 || Smith's Food and Drug || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Facility Engineering || Employee || Non-Exempt|| Full-Time || None