Company Name: Smith's Food and Drug
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Provide general maintenance, repair and support to assigned service calls. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive independently to stores on a daily basis as assigned.
- Perform various preventive maintenance tasks and procedures to building and equipment.
- Troubleshoot issues and repair equipment.
- Assist in performing component replacement.
- Navigate and investigate electronic controls interfaces.
- Maintain an accurate and organized inventory of parts.
- Operate equipment, vehicles, powered industrial trucks and aerial lifts safely.
- Clean and maintain company service vehicles, if one is assigned.
- Orally communicate with store personnel regarding the proper use of equipment as it relates to repeat calls and overtime.
- Utilize company email system to send and receive messages.
- Properly complete all repair, labor, parts purchasing and usage documentation in a timely fashion.
- Comply with all department and company policies and procedures.
- Assist other skilled trade technicians in repairs as requested.
- Audit registered store equipment identification lists.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, high aptitude for standing and walking endurance, sitting while driving to various stores, lifting and carrying up to 70 pounds, pushing and pulling climbing ladders of various types, bending, squatting, and kneeling, and working in different temperatures inside and outside the store.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ proven electrical/mechanical maintenance experience and satisfactory overall performance
- Ability to use manufacturer interface software
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when necessary
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- Experience reading engineering drawings, manuals and schematics
- EPA Type 2 Certification
- Supervisory experience
Education Level: Bachelor's Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Smith's: A division of the Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) one of the nation’s largest grocery retailers, Smith’s currently operates 139 stores and 95 fuel stations throughout seven western states. Smith’s charitable giving, in partnership with 18,000+ associates, generous customers and suppliers, totaled $13.8 million in cash and food products to local organizations in 2015. For more information visit: www.smithsfoodanddrug.com or https://www.facebook.com/careerarsmiths.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: UT || Salt Lake City || 1550 S. Redwood Rd. || 84104 || Smith's Food and Drug || [[mfield2]] || Facilities Maintenance || Employee || Non-Exempt|| Full-Time || None