Clean Harbors in Chicago, IL is seeking a permanent full time Facility Maintenance to join their safety conscious team! This position will be responsible for performing maintenance activities on a variety of equipment, performing hands on maintenance activities specializing in Boilers, Pumps, Welding, Electrical and mechanical applications. This is an excellent opportunity for an entry-level mechanic to work in an industrial setting.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Performs maintenance activities including, but not limited to, Boilers, Pump rebuilds, Preventative Maintenance, some welding, installations of pipe, Electric work, Forklift operations;
- Performs and Boiler PM and repairs and up-keep in Welding, Electrical, Pipe fitting, Mechanic, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic;
- Works independently on facility projects and maintenance;
- Operates a forklift if required and trained;
- Responsible for performing and documenting a daily safety check prior to operating;
- Operate Light Duty Company Trucks;
- Ensures that work meets all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures;
- Reviews all applicable SOP’s and satisfactorily completes quizzes;
- Ensures, understands and has ownership for area specific permit required compliance standards;
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment;
- Performs other assignments as assigned by management;
- Understands Clean Compliance Standard.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Valid Driver’s license is required;
- Minimum 2 years of specific trade experience (Boilers, Welding, Electrical, Pipe fitting or Mechanic);
- Two years of plant experience preferred
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.