Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
Primarily day shift, must be able to work a flexible schedule evenings and/or weekends depending on the need of the business.
The facility manager is responsible for the planning construction, maintenance of equipment, machinery and buildings. The facility manager will support and implement all corporate Food Safety and Workplace Safety initiatives.
This position requires a significant knowledge of various generally recognized food safety, workplace safety, quality assurance programs and regulatory compliance.
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To
- Coordinate with corporate food safety and workplace safety directors to drive and implement food safety, workplace safety and quality assurance initiatives.
- Manage preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC and office equipment.
- Ensure highly disciplined compliance with all regulatory and company defined food safety and sanitation standards, systems, procedures, and practices to ensure that we receive, store and distribute safe quality products.
- Oversee the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services, and facility expansion.
- Maintain OSHA compliance with regards to OSHA, CAL – OSHA and general industry required programs.
- Ensure HACCP compliance and plan, control, and document processes and procedures consistent with FDA’s guidelines.
- Implement and manage the PrimusGFS and Organic Certification requirements.
- Plan budgets and schedules facility modifications, including cost estimates.
- Inspect construction and installation progress.
- Initiate planned maintenance programs for a variety of office and warehouse equipment.
- Oversee the cleaning/sanitation and maintenance of facility.
- Develop and administers the annual budget.
- Manage and track rent, utilities and depreciation.
- Implement food safety on-boarding program.
- Effectively communicate and train on workplace safety topics.
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes
- Competitive starting pay
- We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
- Vacation after 1-year
- 90-day waiting period for paid holidays
- Employer-covered College Program
- Coverage under State Sick Leave
- 401(k) available
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of CAl- OSHA Regulations
- Knowledge of HACCP
- Proficient Computer Skills: Microsotft Office
- Proficiency with PSM/RMP and HAZMAT compliance
- Minimum of three years of progressive experience and responsibility in facility management, with supervisory responsibilities directing a multi-functional maintenance staff.
- BS or associate degree with technical training in plant engineering or factory/plant maintenance is a plus
- Universal certification in HVAC is desired.
- Regulatory compliance experience (for refrigeration systems holding over 10,000 pounds of ammonia) preferred
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.