The Facility Operations Manager- Landfill and Hazardous Waste Treatment Facility is responsible for management of all plant operations for our hazardous waste landfill and treatment facility. The Operations Managers act as second in command in the absence of the General Manager.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Perform multiple site-specific plant operations such as landfill management, treatment facility operations, drum management, and onsite maintenance of the treatment facility and grounds;
- Oversee and manage multiple areas and shifts within the facility;
- Supervise and develops multiple Operations Supervisors, Plant Foremen and plant operations;
- Ensure proper waste routing and management according to specified efficiencies;
- Work in conjunction with the General Manager on personnel functions including, but not limited to hiring, terminating, development, etc;
- Work closely with the General Manager to continue to develop and enhance the facilities throughput and operation;
- Analyze and reviews profitability of facility in conjunction with the General Manager;
- Ensure that employees follow and maintain all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures. Holds employees accountable;
- Ensure, understand and has ownership for area specific permit required compliance standards.
- Develop daily production goals for multiple groups and ensures execution.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required. BS in Chemistry or related science preferred;
- 5+ years of plant operations and supervision experience;
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Proficiency in landfill and yellow-iron operations;
- DOT training and in-depth knowledge of CHI systems;
- Requires color determination;
- Requires standing, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching, speaking, listening, or smelling;
- Respirator Fit test;
- Requires sitting, climbing, walking, lifting, grasping, crawling, near vision acuity;
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.