Title: Facility Security Officer/Assistant Facility Security Officer
Job Location:Wakefield, MA
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is a leading provider of management, analytical, and technical support services for government and private-sector customers. Established in 1997, Odyssey delivers innovative solutions in response to complex and challenging requirements.
Odyssey is seeking a Facility Security Officer (FSO)/Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO) for our Corporate office in Wakefield, MA. The FSO/AFSO is responsible for implementing the industrial security program and ensuring company and customer security requirements are met, for seven field office locations and employees around the globe.
The successful candidate will interface with all levels of Odyssey personnel and government management personnel to ensure contract security compliance with National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD Manual 5205.07, Contract Security Classification Specification (DD254) and Program Classification Guides.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Security Department in all matters necessary to ensure compliance with the National Industrial Security Program to include the administrative details of the program.
- Personnel Security: New hire onboarding in JPAS, briefings, clearance investigation request, and processing, foreign travel reporting/briefings.
- Provide recommendations for new award transition plans, and volume management for onboarding employees, as well as offboarding upon contract completion.
- Initiate/take fingerprints and process through SWFT for initial and upgraded security clearances.
- Prepare, organize and maintain all required facility and personnel security documentation and paperwork.
- Security Education: Developing educational materials and provide ongoing security education to the organization, annually and refresher training as required.
- Coordination with Odyssey Senior Management and Program Managers as issues and risk areas arise with Government customers.
- Visitor Control: Process incoming/outgoing visit requests, clearance transfers, and related actions, to include request for Foreign visits (RFV) with DSS International.
- Assist with Self-Inspections and preparations for annual DSS Security Assessments.
- Review Prime DD-254s issued by the US Government customer or Prime Contractors, to ensure accuracy and security requirements and assist with the preparation of all DD-254s issued to subcontractors.
- Travel to field office locations for meetings, presentations, and training activities.
- Additional requirements for SAP activities and contracts.
- 7-10 years’ experience in a security role for Government contractors
- Must possess an active Secret security clearance or higher
- In-Depth Knowledge of the NISPOM
- Working knowledge of government databases; i.e. JPAS, DISS, eQIP, NISS, SWFT.
- Facility Security Officer DSSA Certification preferred
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business or security-related field
- Assistant Facility Security Officer experience required
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid sick days
- Life Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Gym Memberships
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
- Military Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Professional Development
- Employee Events
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off