The Facility Security Officer (FSO) of Bruker Detection Corporation (BDC) will lead the company’s security program and help drive day to day activities of the Operations group.
Responsible for the implementation and administration of all security policies, procedures and security functions to assure compliance with applicable laws, government regulations, customer requirements and company policies.
The responsibilities of the FSO will encompass maintaining our successful implementation of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) by applying and managing the appropriate security and compliance measures. The Facility Security Officer (FSO) ensures the effective day to day implementation of a Foreign Ownership, Control or Influence (FOCI) mitigation agreement.
In addition to FSO duties, the successful candidate will assist and provide leadership in Operations acting as facilitator between Sales, Service, Finance, and other functions.
- Maintain compliance with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and supplements; along with Department of Defense (DOD) security policies and procedures as they relate to NISPOM
- Responsible for the completion of EPSQ packages for personnel that require security clearances and maintaining personnel security files
- Prepares security documents in accordance with NISPOM and the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) Security Control Agreement.
- Maintains records for DCSA Foreign Travel Briefings and authors security plans and procedures based on NISPOM and coordinates visit requests with sponsoring agency.
- Authors and implements the required security plans and provides administrative support to Government Security Committee (GSC)
- Prepares all necessary paperwork needed to satisfy the requirements of DSS inspections and support inspections
- Responsible for the BDC badging program and maintains required access lists
- Prepares and delivers security briefings as needed
Primary roles and responsibilities of an FSO relating to FOCI:
- Ensure the Facility's officers, directors, and employees comply with the provisions of the Facility's mitigation agreement. Train personnel and enforce the FOCI mitigation agreement.
- Maintain day-to-day oversight to ensure all Affiliated Services, FLPs, TCPs, ECPs, and Visitation Procedures are fully implemented and effectively mitigate the FOCI
- Assist the GSC in the development and implementation of the Technology Control Plan (TCP), Electronic Communications Plan (ECP), Affiliate Operations Plan (AOP) and Visitation Procedures
- Ensure Affiliated Services being provided between the FOCI Company and the Affiliates have been approved in advance by the GSC and DSS
- For instances with FOCI Collocation, assist the GSC in developing, maintaining, and submitting a Facilities Location Plan (FLP) for DSS review and approval
- Ensure that DSS (through the IS Rep) is advised of any known attempts to violate any provision of the Facility's mitigation agreement or relevant U.S. government contract provisions related to security, U.S. export control laws, or the NISP
- Communicate any material changes to the IS Rep early and often
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Operations / Order Management
- Order processing
- Inventory planning
- Aftermarket sales
Managing Imports & Exports
- Responsible for the management of the BDC ITAR import and export program and the ITAR Compliance program.
- Prepares import/export documents to include Department of States licenses for the exportation of ITAR products
- Tracks ITAR shipments and ensures all Customs and Department of State requirements are complied with by the company and the customers
- Processes the company’s freight forwarder’s import and export documents and ensures they are completed in accordance with the company compliance program
- Maintains files for each shipment in accordance with Government regulations
- Reviews shipping invoices for accuracy and compliance
- Coordinates with and updates customers on order and shipment status
- Has an understanding of the import and export control requirements (i.e. the ITAR and other applicable laws and regulations).
Program Management Duties
- The successful delivery of assigned programs on time, within budget, and to agreed scope and attainment of agreed business outcome.
- Responsible for the quality and efficiency of the contract to include both technical issues and business processes
- The management may include both External and Internal resources
- Requires working closely with all levels of the organization through the total life cycle of a project or product.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree and 7 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Experience in the Industrial Security field to include physical security, personnel security, operations security, and classified document control.
- Be well-experienced in working in a classified environment while managing all aspects of the classified areas (i.e. access, accountability, auditing, incidents, reports, and many other security related items).
- Proficiency with maintaining and administration of security databases, to include JPAS / DISS, e-QIP, and SWFT.
- Experience using security classification guides.
- Be able to draft and coordinate subcontractor DD254s.
- Working knowledge of NISPOM, DCIDs/ICDs, and other Government security directives.
- Ability to understand, explain, interpret and apply rules, regulations, directives and procedures.
- Solid data entry skills and ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Active or prior Secret clearance or ability to obtain one
- US citizenship required. The ability to obtain and retain a US security clearance is a must.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a team player with good people skills and leadership skills
- Good organizational skills being able to multitask on multiple projects