ECS is seeking a Facility Security Officer (FSO) to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
ECS Federal is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated and well-organized individual with prior experience administering US government security policies and procedures to serve as a Facility Security Officer (FSO). The FSO will be responsible for daily security operations and NISP/NISPOM compliance for multiple facilities located in Washington, DC area. This is a permanent full-time position.
- The FSO will provide expertise, guidance and advice to staff concerning all security administrative functions.
- Ensures compliance with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) for the Defense Security Service as well as various Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), required for Sensitive Compartmented Information program procedures.
- Provides daily functional support to the facilities personnel, physical, and information security requirements.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of changes in security rules and procedures.
- Maintains accounts for processing SCI security clearances using the Army's Automated Contractor Automated Verification System (ACCS), and collateral clearances using the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), NISS and DISS.
- The Facility Security Officer (FSO) works to handle processing personnel clearances, employee briefings, visit requests, providing a wide variety of duties in the administration of National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and other government security regulations including DHS, FBI and State Department.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Must be aware of present-day security issues
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP)
- Experience in JPAS and the e-QIP database system
- Understanding of the SIMS Database
- Understanding of requirements for transfer of classified material
- Experience in the preparation of DD254 forms
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Completion of Formal DSS Academy training course
- FSO Certification for Possessing Facility Required
- General COMSEC Knowledge
- BA/BS with a related focus
- Maintain successful working relationships with government agencies and security offices of current customer
- Responsible for successful preparation for and completion of annual inspections to ensure government compliance. Works with the Contracts Department and Principals to ensure compliance with all prime and subcontractors security requirements, including the completion and tracking of all DD254s
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain personal training and certifications as required for contracts
- Train and orient employees in security policies and procedures to ensure compliance with government and customer regulations
- Provide briefing and debriefing to employees holding clearances, and regular re-briefing of employees on foreign travel and hostile intelligence
- Securely maintain personnel security records
- Ensure compliance with NISPOM and all security protocols required by customers or contracts, and keep abreast of ever-changing industrial security regulations
- 5-10 years of related experience with at least 2 years as an FSO or Security Specialist supporting Department of Defense government contractors.
- Experience in reviewing contracts at all levels (from proposal to close out) to identify security requirements and then assure compliance
- Thorough knowledge of the government clearance process of e-QIP and the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) required
- Ability to manage complex situations, along with a demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks while still meeting deadlines
- Experience with SWIFT, ISFD, JPAS required
- Experience with DSS audits preferred
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite – specifically Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented and well organized; able to multi-task and handle competing priorities and deadlines
- Able to work independently and participate as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Well organized with ability to self-motivate, multi-task, and handle competing priorities and interruptions
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.