The Facility Technician, performs tasks associated with hands-on facility and rail car operations, such as drum pumping, drum dumping, tank farm operations offloading vans, and forklift duties while completing required paperwork for waste tracking/regulatory purposes. This position is a physically demanding position and works under potentially adverse conditions such as heat or cold year around.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days
- Group 401(K) retirement savings with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Perform hands-on operations dealing with used motor oil, such as drum pumping, drum dumping, tank farm operations and offloading bulk tanker vehicles
- Perform drum storage, forklift operations, and use of handheld scanner
- Complete required paperwork for material tracking purposes
- Other duties as assigned
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6+ months related work experience
- Ability to work in adverse environments (cold/heat)
- Forklift and/or DOT training preferred
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market. Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We appreciate all those interested in joining Clean Harbors; only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.