Ascension Via Christi, Kansas’ largest health care organization is looking to add dynamic Family Medicine faculty members to their community-based family medicine residency program.
- Seeking full-time core faculty with a desire to engage in teaching, leadership, service, scholarship, mentorship, and patient-care
- Competence to instruct MD and DO residents in Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT) strongly desired to enhance and grow our Osteopathic Principles and Practice (OPP) curriculum
- Strong procedural background desired (non-operative OB and adult ICU management skills are both required; however, we have excellent support from laborists and intensivists and are willing to provide mentorship to regain currency in these areas if they are not included in your current practice)
- M-F schedule with rotating nights and weekends shared between 16 core faculty
- Faculty members lead one of the inpatient teams for 1 week at a time, approximately 10 times per year (on call responsibilities include adult medicine, pediatrics, OB, and newborn care).
- Faculty maintain at least 1 half-day of clinic to see their own patients
- Comprehensive benefits include PTO, 10 CME days, CME allowance, health insurance, malpractice, relocation allowance
- Collegial and team-focused work culture driven by the desire to provide the best possible care to our patients and their families
- Compassionate administrative and physician leaders helping team members achieve their professional and personal "bests"
- Urban center of 390,000 people (in a metro area of 650,000) that’s perfect for families and singles alike with a brand-new airport, one-of-a-kind shopping experiences and unique restaurants
- #1 Best Place to Live the Good Life Cheaply by Forbes.com.
- Lively downtown district with one of a kind restaurants and shops.
- Home to four university campuses including the University of Kansas School of Medicine and Wichita State University.
- Air Capital of the World
- Award winning schools, great parks/trails, playgrounds, museums, theater, YMCA system and the nationally ranked Sedgwick County Zoo