Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
If you are highly motivated and passionate about leading a large scale FNP program, have a desire to work in a highly collaborative, student-focused environment, and support the university’s distinct Christian beliefs, we’d like to hear from you!
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs from pre-licensure nursing, RN-BSN post licensure, MSN degrees in advanced nursing that include direct clinical practice programs and non-clinical nursing programs. Additionally, students can earn their DNP or a DNP in Educational Leadership.
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full-time Faculty Program Director for the MSN Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program, which includes evening ground cohort and online students. The Faculty Program Director position requires full-time campus presence 4 days a week in Phoenix, AZ plus a clinical release day to maintain licensure and certification requirements.
As a full-time Faculty Program Director, you’ll be responsible for full program oversight to ensure high quality and accreditation/regulatory compliance. Classroom instruction may be necessary from time to time but is not considered a regular part of the Director’s workload. This position reports to the Assistant Dean of Graduate Studies. Target start is immediate and please note, this position is a ground position at our Phoenix campus and is NOT remote.
- Provide administrative leadership for the FNP Program and supervise faculty in designated program areas.
- Ensure students are equipped with the required Nurse Practitioner skill set, that leads to licensure, national certification, and safe, effective care.
- Assess student performance through defined student outcomes.
- Ensure educational needs of the student, community, and stakeholders are met.
- Administer the program according to the mission, strategic plan, policies, procedures and agreements of the university and College of Nursing and Health Care Professions.
- Ensure compliance with national accreditation standards.
- Ensure compliance with state regulatory agencies, i.e. BON.
- Assist with recruitment of faculty and provide a positive on-boarding experience.
- Serve as liaison for GCU and other significant community stakeholders.
- Ensure timely communication and information to all stakeholders.
- Attend sessions to facilitate communication and problem resolution between students and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions.
- Work collaboratively with all departments for program and student success.
- Communicate student issues to the appropriate college/university department for resolution.
- Conduct follow-up calls with students and all stakeholders to ensure problem closure.
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice preferred; MSN required.
- Unencumbered, current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required.
- Must hold and maintain active National Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in a university setting required.
- Preferred work experience with Advanced Practice Registered Nursing programs.
- Prior management experience required.
- Excellent communication and team skills with the ability to build positive relationships with students, preceptors, faculty, and college and university leaders.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills required.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
We also have on-campus and remote, part-time, Adjunct positions available. To view a list of all Adjunct openings please click here.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.