Site: OR - Hillsboro
Business Title: Failure Analysis Engineer
Shift: Normal Day
Perform failure analysis to determine failure root-causes on yield fall-out, aging & environmental stress failures, and customer returns.
- Conducts hands-on failure analysis activities of a semiconductor manufacturer.
- Perform DC electrical testing, circuit analysis/trouble shooting, fault isolation, micro-probing, de-processing, material analysis and failure duplication.
- Plan, schedule & conduct the analysis from start to finish.
- Document and maintain analysis information and results and complete analysis reports.
- Will work with circuit design, product, process, & test engineers throughout the company.
- Will also interface with customers and suppliers.
- Understand product functions, product circuits, device structure and fab processes.
- Drive quality improvement and provide corrective action recommendations.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, & conduct detailed phases of failure mechanism investigations. Interface with outside service and analytical laboratories. Farm-out capital intensive tasks.
- Train others in physics of failure, analytical techniques, and analysis methodology.
- Benchmark failure analysis methods, systems, and operations at other semiconductor manufacturers. Act as a facilitator of continuous improvement, working on proactive and preventative changes.
- B.S./M.S. preferred - in electrical engineering, solid state physics, chemistry or material science discipline.
- 1 – 5 years’ experience in semiconductor yield or failure analysis desirable.
- Familiarity of semiconductor fabrication, inspection, assembly, and test methods desirable.
- Knowledge of semiconductor processing and analysis equipment is desirable.
- Handling of semiconductor wafers, using microscopes, probe stations, and test equipment is desirable.
- Experience with curve tracing and/or parametric test programming languages is preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and good written and verbal communications skills necessary.
- Strong Personal Computing skills needed: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access experience would be a plus.
- Versatility and ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently is expected.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter with flexibility to adjust to changing priorities.
- Must have a strong desire for hands-on work in a lab environment. Act as a facilitator of continuous Improvement, working on proactive and preventative changes.
- Work Environment may require significant hours in a cleanroom environment and work with noisy environmental test chambers. Will require some de-processing and decapsulation of semiconductor products using chemicals and gases. Some travel to visit customers, interface with subcontractors, and audit suppliers is possible
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVO
We are Qorvo. We do more than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and infrastructure markets – we are a place to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.
Location: OR - Hillsboro
Activation Date: Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, December 5, 2020