- Provides timely and accurate root-cause analysis of VPC products (IC’s, System-in-Package, and filters) using electrical and physical failure analysis techniques
- Supports Failure Analysis Engineers and works with cross-functional teams (Manufacturing, Quality, Reliability, Design, etc.) to solve problems arising from customer returns, process anomalies, engineering evaluations, and new product development.
- Communicates analysis results through formal, technical report writing
- Collaborates with internal and external laboratories as needed
- Meets failure analysis cycle-time requirements
Critical knowledge and abilities:
- Strong knowledge and experience utilizing physical failure analysis techniques for IC’s and PCB’s including cross-sectioning, parallel lapping, Reactive Ion Etching, decapsulating, X-ray analysis and chemical deprocessing
- Experience utilizing optical and scanning electron microscopes including EDX (Energy Dispersive X-ray) analysis
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical failures by micro-probing and using electrical test equipment
- Adept at I/V curve-tracing using analog and multi-pin, digital curve tracers (RTI).
- Experience building evaluation boards by interpreting schematics and soldering components
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing MS Word, Excel, photo-editing, schematic and IC layout software
- Familiar with FA techniques in order to effectively direct external lab’s: EMMI, FIB, CSAM, OBIRCH, TIVA, LIVA, etc.
- Able to write concisely using good spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Must be highly organized with a strong attention to detail. Must be able to manage multiple, concurrent assignments under tight deadlines
- Able to follow instructions, maintain priorities, and make good decisions with minimal supervision
- Has an FA mindset understanding FA processes, flow, and decision tree
- Familiar with IC packaging, semiconductor processes, and PCB manufacturing
- Experience working within an ISO-9001 work environment is a plus
- 5+ years of relevant Failure Analysis experience in the semiconductor or PCB industry
- Associate degree or technical certification in Electronics
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Vicor is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability