The Family Development Parent Engagement Specialist is the link between the Early Head Start program and families who participate in the program; conducts outreach activities to educate the community and prospective program enrollees about art; coordinates all department parent involvement activities, workshops, leadership opportunities, and events; creates marketing materials and all parent communications, such as newsletters, handbooks, and event calendars; and, conduct department Family Satisfaction survey twice a year.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in child development, social work, family studies, psychology, or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience working with families.
- Working knowledge of health, safety, nutrition and family dynamics, with advocacy experience in special needs/disabilities population preferred.
- Cross-cultural competence, plus experience with clients in all socioeconomic groups.
- Experience in seeking, finding and utilizing community resources.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, as well as solid organizational, motivational and advocacy skills.
- Competency in working with people from a variety of cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds; bilingual (Spanish) capabilities a plus.
- Knowledge of and community services preferred.
- Comfort in initiating contact with a variety of community resources and coordinating and facilitating events for families enrolled in the program.
- Skills in and comfort with public speaking.
- Personal computer skills and proficiency in the use of windows-based Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Employee must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and have access to reliable transportation to travel between multiple work sites in order to perform essential duties. Proof of valid driver license, current auto insurance identification card, current vehicle registration and a driving record free of any major violations is required to make home visits to monitor program staff, which may involve exposure to a variety of neighborhoods and home environments, young children and possible pets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer:Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal
duties and responsibilities of this position.These responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time to time.