Under the direction of the Partner Quality Coach, the Family Engagement Specialist builds and maintains supportive and empowering relationships with families, beginning at enrollment. This individual will partner with families to assess their needs, identify their goals and access appropriate resources. The Family Engagement Specialist will play a key role in engaging parents in leadership roles and empowering parents as advocates for their families.
This incumbent will be expected to promote and adhere to the workplace core capabilities of: accountability, customer focus, continuous quality improvement, communication, competent people and clear priorities. All work to be completed with minimum supervision and in accordance with organizational standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. The organization reserves the right to add to, delete, change or modify the essential duties and responsibilities at any time.
- Develops authentic and supportive relationships with each family, beginning at enrollment. Partners with families to identify their needs and set and achieve ambitious goals.
- Documents all work with families using the COPA database. Maintains individual child files with required documentation.
- Follows up with prospective families, providing information and coordinating site tours.
- Obtains required health and nutrition data from families and collaborates with Health Coordinator to support families in obtaining needed medical/dental services.
- Completes enrollment process with families and supports families with resources to obtain any missing documentation for enrollment.
- Actively participates in recruitment and outreach activities, in partnership with the Early Learning Recruitment Specialist, including identifying potential partnerships and community resources.
- Partners with Mental Health and Disabilities Coordinator to facilitate referrals for mental health services or evaluation of children with suspected special needs. Supports and advocates for families throughout the process.
- Implements policies, procedures and systems to ensure full agency compliance with the parent involvement and program governance component requirements of all funders.
- Supports ongoing monitoring of assigned partner locations to ensure fidelity to Head Start Program Performance Standards and agency policies.
- Promotes active supervision strategies within partner site staff and conducts routine Safe Environment observations of partner facilities to ensure quality.
- Collaborates with Transportation and Nutrition Coordinator to coordinate transportation services for partner sites and executes mandated bus evacuation drills and transportation training.
- Contributes to development of annual and ongoing training and involvement plans for parents/guardians, in close partnership with Parent Involvement Coordinator. Obtains authentic family input to inform and develop plans.
- Partners with Parent Involvement Coordinator to implement appropriate parent curricula.
- Promotes and supports engagement of parents/guardians in Parent Committees and Policy Council.
- As assigned, represents IAFC to external groups/organizations to promote the agency and increase utilization of services through events, presentations and/or day-to-day contact.
- Ensures confidentiality of parent and provider information received and managed by IAFC.
- Executes our workplace core capabilities of: accountability, customer focus, continuous quality improvement (CQI), communication, competent people and clear priorities.
- Independently works on multiple tasks effectively in support of department.
- Other Functions: The organization may assign other functions to the job at its discretion.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor�s Degree in Social Work, Early Childhood Education, Family Studies or a closely related field.
- Two years of experience as a caseworker or similar position.
- Prior experience working with children and families
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid driver�s license, reliable personal transportation and insurance required.
Salary: $40,500 (minimum-offer based on experience)