We are expanding our current family law team! We are looking for an optimistic and energetic paralegal to join our team. It is essential that any candidate be comfortable with drafting petitions, discovery, and orders, among other typical family law documents. The ability to talk to clients in a supportive manner is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate with clients, witnesses, expert witnesses, consultants, opposing counsels, and other third parties effectively;
- Assist with prioritizing and responding to client and court needs;
- Respond to clients by the next business day;
- Build a good rapport with clients, assist with managing and maintaining appropriate client expectations;
- Maintain case information electronically, including, but not limited to, emails, time entries, documents, notes, messages;
- Coordinate scheduling for trials, hearings, mediations, and meetings;
- Keep current and accurate time records daily;
- Use appropriate care to ensure that legal and factual issues relevant to the cases are handled and properly explored;
- Prepare case strategy and planning, subject to attorney approval;
- Supervise legal assistants and interns for department tasks, as assigned;
- Assist attorneys in keeping files organized and orderly;
- Assist attorneys with timely responding to demands, motions, and deadlines, as well as any other deadlines included in a case;
- Assist attorney with analysis incoming cases and complex legal issues and determine the course of action;
- Assist attorney in preparation for hearings and trials - including preparing notebooks and exhibits;
- Electronically review and redact documentation provided by the client, as needed;
- Assist Law Firm Financial and Billing Specialist with department collections;
- Assist attorneys by moving cases forward by timely scheduling and daily review of all incoming documents, emails, and requests;
- Assist with meeting potential new clients for case acquisition and maintain all records electronically;
- Participate in monthly marketing meetings and events;
- Prepare blog posts as assigned;
- Attend and participate in team meetings;
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism that embodies firm values in all settings; and
- Maintain a positive outlook on work, tasks, and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum of four years of previous family law paralegal experience. Drafting ability is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Technology is used extensively in our practice. Training is provided, but you will be required to adapt to the new and changing technology.
Working hours are generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Time may be required after-hours depending on case demands. However, all employees are strongly encouraged to manage and organize the workload to allow for free time on nights and weekends and to take time off regularly.
Due to the current environment, we are working on a rotating in-office and remote work schedule. Ability to work from home a portion of the time is a must. You must live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have familiarity with Texas law.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
Must consistently follow through and follow-up, have a positive attitude, be motivated and a self-starter, be productive and engaged, and must be 100% committed to providing top-notch service to our clients.
To be considered for the position, submit your resume in PDF format.