As a Provider at PMS, you will enjoy a rewarding career providing health care to people from underserved and rural communities. Additionally, you will be a part of an organization that promotes integrated care and collegiate settings. Rest assured that you will enjoy our generous PTO plan, CME days off, CME stipend, achievable incentive plan, and work-life balance – that means no nights, weekends, nor calls. Enjoy a competitive sign-on bonus and relocation stipend! Living in Deming, NM means seeing the direct impact in the community you serve.
Deming, located in Southwest NM is approximately 1 hour from Las Cruces, NM, 1 hour from El Paso, TX, and 35 minutes north of the Mexico border. Deming Health Center is staffed by 2 Family Nurse Practitioners who also staff a school-based health center. If you’re looking for opportunities to contribute to healthcare and the community you serve, look no further. Enjoy hiking, rodeos, camping, and exploring the Florida Mountains.
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a professional position of a highly complex nature involving the direction and coordination of the medical program of the primary care clinic. The work is performed independently with clinical oversight provided by the Vice President of Clinical Affairs. Administrative supervision is provided by the Program Administrator. The Medical Director must operate in accordance with the terms and conditions of the various contracts and grants providing for the funding of programs and projects.
- Graduation from a medical school approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association or the Committee on Hospitals of the Bureau of Professional Education of the American Osteopathic Association, or Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners or the National Board of Osteopathic Examiners or the New Mexico Medical Board.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have by date of hire and maintain current throughout employment:
License to practice medicine by the State of New Mexico with ability to obtain admitting privileges and active staff membership at local hospital, if applicable
- DEA license and New Mexico Controlled Substance Registration (CSR)
- Medicare PIN and UPIN numbers
- Medicaid number
- Have or be able to obtain BLS/CPR or ACLS certification within 30 days of hire. If you are assigned to a center with ACLS medications and/or equipment, you must have ACLS certification within 30 days of hire. Certification must meet the requirements listed in the document “BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources” posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep your certification current at all times.
This position requires successful completion of an initial post-offer of employment:
- TB Test (and upon exposure in accordance with PMS Policies).
If assigned to the Checkerboard Area Health System, this position requires successful completion of an initial post-offer of employment:
- Criminal Records Check.