POSITION SUMMARY:This is a professional position of a highly complex nature involving the direct medical care of patients. The work is performed independently with clinical oversight provided by the Site Medical Director and/or Vice President of Clinical Affairs. The Physician must operate in accordance with the terms and conditions of the various contracts and grants providing for the funding of programs and projects.
•Graduation from a medical school approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association or the Committee on Hospitals of the Bureau of Professional Education of the American Osteopathic Association, or Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners or the National Board of Osteopathic Examiners or the New Mexico Medical Board.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have by date of hire and maintain current throughout employment:
- Licensed to practice medicine by the State of New Mexico with the ability to obtain admitting privileges and active staff membership at local hospital, if applicable.
- DEA license.
- New Mexico Controlled Substance Registration (CSR).
- Medicare PIN and UPIN numbers.
- Medicaid number.
- Have or be able to obtain BLS/CPR or ACLS certification within 30 days of hire. If you are assigned to a center with ACLS medications and/or equipment, you must have ACLS certification within 30 days of hire. Certification must meet the requirements listed in the document “BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources” posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep your certification current at all times.
This position requires successful completion of an initial post-offer of employment:
•According to PMS Human Resources Policy 205.006, “Healthcare Personnel Testing & Immunization Requirements,” this position must comply with required testing and immunizations. Testing and immunizations including TB, Hepatitis B (consent or waiver), Tdap, MMR, and Varicella, will be available at the employee’s PMS health center. Influenza vaccines will be required according to dates set by the CDC and NMDOH.
*J1 or H1 accepted on a case by case basis.
NHSC Approved Site