Mercyhealth is seeking a Family Medicine Physician to join our expanding clinic in Byron, IL situated on the Rock River and just west of Chicago, IL!
Mercyhealth is an award-winning multi-regional, integrated health system comprising 7 hospitals, more than 800 employed physicians, over 85 outpatient clinics and other service sites that provide care to residents in more than 55 communities throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. We provide over 125 specialty and sub-specialty services, including adult and pediatric critical care, neonatal intensive care, neurosurgery, heart and vascular care, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery, da Vinci robotic surgery and much more.
Mercyhealth has been named a 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare by Beckers Healthcare - 2018 & 2019!
- Join a growing Outpatient Family Medicine Practice!
- Friendly, collegial, and stable environment in a rural environment
- Clinic houses a Lab, X-Ray and Urgent Care
- Call will be very minimal and shared among Mercyhealth Rockford region Physicians
- Because we provide a robust Hospitalist program, hospital admissions and rounding are not required
- No restrictions on procedures - build the practice to your specifications!
- Schedule can be flexible; we promote and support a private practice model!
- Admitting hospitals are Mercyhealth Javon Bea Hospital - Rockton Ave. & Mercyhealth Javon Bea Hospital - Riverside (both within a 15-20 minute drive)
Compensation & Benefits:
Mercyhealth offers a highly competitive base salary guarantee (based on MGMA guidelines) leading to an incentive-based compensation the first year, along with an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid CME, malpractice and licensure!
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance for Physician and family!
- 100% match on 4% retirement plan contribution + additional discretionary 2%!
- Short Term & Long Term Disability insurance paid 100% by Mercyhealth!
- 25 days of PTO (+ 6 system-recognized holidays) during guarantee for a full-time Physician!
- Sign-on bonus and student loan forgiveness available!
The City of Byron, IL USA (population 3,753) welcomes you to the community on the "Gateway to the Rock River Valley". Byron is a modern urban community with a friendly rural character. Byron is attractive to new businesses and residents because of its proximity to all that big cities have to offer, but maintains its small town feel. Known for an award winning golf course, beautiful river front, and excellent schools. Located in northern Illinois along the Rock River, 88 miles west of Chicago and 12 miles south of Rockford. With its surrounding beauty and friendly people, Byron is a wonderful place to live and work.