Vera Whole Health is the leading direct-to-employer primary care provider in the Western United States. We deliver population health management to large and mid-sized employers on-site, in the same building or campus where people work. Our approach to managed care, which emphasizes behavior change as the only sustainable way to transform one's health, achieves high engagement. And the data shows that the more patients who use Vera, the more savings the employer sees across the entire employee population.
Join the health revolution.
Vera Whole Health seeks an experienced Family Nurse Practitioner/ Clinic Provider for our new clinic opening in Medford, OR.Vera's clinic model and atmosphere was created to support practitioners who desire to focus on patient care first. Our team-based medical home model encourages both patients and practitioners to have quality time together during visits to empower patients to ‘change behaviors by esteeming them through empathetic listening' and actively participate in their own wellness goals. Vera is proud to have created clinic teams and environments that embrace the collaborative team concept in support of providing quality care to our patients. As a Nurse Practitioner at our clinic, you'll partner with clinical teams to address patient acute and primary care needs as well as support them to reach their wellness goals.If you are drawn to the opportunity to re-imagine healthcare and deliver innovative and transformative health engagement, come join us at Vera!
Position Qualifications/Essential Functions:
- Provides primary care medical services to patients including preventative, maintenance and episodic care.
- Collaborates in developing team priorities and patient goals & care plans.
- Prepares for, attends and participates in team meetings and huddles.
- Provides disease management, case management, and wellness and prevention coaching (includes telephonic support as scheduled).
- Facilitates coordination of information and care with other community providers.
- Facilitates and creates a culture of health and wellness with patients through health coaching, health risk assessment and other health promotion activity coordination.
- Conducts comprehensive health histories, complete physical exams, order and/or perform diagnostic tests, analyze data, formulate problem lists, develop and implement plans of care (BioPsychoSocial plans) including efficient, daily completion of documentation of patient visits with thorough and accurate information.
- Assists with occupational injuries and disability issues (e.g. L&I claims).
- Actively participates in the daily clinic operations, including process improvement and development of a team-based approach through clinical chart reviews; adjusts delivery of care based on feedback, and demands high-quality care.
- Assists with the onboarding and orientation of new medical staff – with an emphasis on EMR training.
- Achieves target objectives (subject to change) as defined:
- Patient satisfaction: measured by the Vera Patient Satisfaction Questionnaire, is maintained above 4.5 on a scale of 5.0.
- Quality measures
- Complies with all organizational quality assurance guidelines and all pertinent government regulations including OSHA, HIPAA and CLIA.
- May require travel to off-site locations to bring the care to patients.
- Maximizes schedule to facilitate clinic engagement and actively work to fill open visit spots.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
- Within the 3 years' experience, an additional emphasis on wellness and health prevention and promotion
- EMR experience – NextGen preferred
- Minimum required Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Family Nurse Practitioner with national board certification is preferred
- 3 years' experience with primary care and case management in a collaborative shared-patient team approach.
- Current RN and APN license, valid, in good standing, and unrestricted in state of practice.
- Current and valid DEA number.
- Documentation of Hep B vaccination or proof of immunity (titer).
- Documentation of proof of a negative TB test in the last 90 days before start-date.
- Must show proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from a nationally accredited organization upon hire.
- Highly organized.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to The Vera Way by practicing its key components of mindfulness, continuous learning, a coach approach, innovation, adaptability and resilience with all the members of Vera's staff, clients and patients
- Commit to practicing the Vera Way coach approach to health care delivery (connect, listen, be curious, acknowledge, and be clear), in accordance with the Vera Whole Health's Personnel Policies.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to champion quality throughout the organization.
- Includes full range of body motion including the potential of handling and lifting patients
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal ranges
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- Requires standing, walking and sitting for extended periods of time
- Occasionally lift and carry items up to 50 pounds