Alaska is the Last Frontier. There is no place on earth like it. If you want the perfect work/life balance opportunity with a nationally recognized NW healthcare system, then this is it!
Love the outdoors? Looking for an opportunity with incredible work/life balance? Come join this special team of providers who will treat you like family. Here’s why you need to experience Ketchikan, Alaska:
- Housing with world class views!
- We offer a hospital based day care with minimal cost to employees.
- The people of Ketchikan are warm, engaged and welcoming. Those who are new to Ketchikan are amazed at how easy it is to get involved in the community, and in all the help they find getting settled in.
- It’s the “Salmon Capital of the World.” Huge runs of salmon migrate from the ocean in to the local waters. Come experience world class fishing and catch a 30lb King Salmon on your lunch break!
- Kayak the local waters and enjoy some of the most scenic views in the world. Don’t forget to make your way to the seven state parks on the island, too!
- Art and Culture: Home to a diverse population of artists that captures Alaska’s beauty and cultural attributes. You’ll also find frequent theater and musical performances all year long!
- Enjoy incredible seafood cuisine: Not only is the salmon fresh, restaurants serve up some of the best halibut, crab, shrimp, oysters and clams- all of which are locally sourced.
- Schools in Ketchikan are top notch. The city offers educational alternatives with two charter schools and an alternative high school. The island also has a University of Alaska Southeast campus.
- Group includes 5 physicians, one NP, nurse care coordinators, social work and other support staff.
- Call is 1:7
- Compensation up to MGMA 75%
- Up to $100,000 in loan forgiveness, for those who qualify
- Practice at other remote sites including Craig, Wrangell and Sitka
- All outpatient but there is an opportunity for inpatient work if desired
- Ideal opportunity for those who want to practice rural medicine
- Summer of 2016 will showcase our $60 million hospital renovation project
- Named one of the top critical access hospitals in the U.S.
- Exemplary performance in multiple areas including surgical care, pneumonia, heart failure and more
- 25 physicians and advance practice clinicians
- The medical center is located directly on the water which provide incredible views