Chestnut Family Health Center, a division of Chestnut Health Systems, seeks a full-time Family Practice Physician to join our multidisciplinary team of caring and quality professionals committed to making a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Physician will have the opportunity to work in a newly renovated 78,000 square foot facility with new equipment, pharmacy and lab on site. The Health Center is collocated with Chestnut’s comprehensive continuum of mental health and substance use treatment programs. This colocation supports and encourages a multidisciplinary team approach to whole person patient centered care that integrates primary care and behavioral health services.
Chestnut offers a robust benefit package. Additionally, Physician is eligible for National Health Service Corps loan repayment, can take advantage of flexible scheduling (no rounding, no weekends, no call) and Continuing Medical Education opportunities. Malpractice coverage is available through the Federal Tort Claims Act.
- Providing high quality, patient centered outpatient primary care to infant through geriatric patients.
- Providing direct medical prescriber services in accordance with the state of Illinois and agency policies and procedures.
- Setting an example for and reinforcing evidence-based practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a physician license in the state of Illinois.
- Requires a Drug Enforcement Agency certification.
- Board Certified/Board eligible physician in Family Practice is preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish is beneficial.
- Solid understanding of comprehensive health services.
- Willingness to adhere to stated program and documentation protocols.
- Ability to provide health coaching and health education to at risk or high risk patients with chronic conditions.
- Willingness to work with underprivileged populations.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
For immediate consideration, please see us at www.chestnut.org/employment
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled