Practice opportunity for a BC/BE Family Practice Physician with Obstetrics (seeking C-section trained). Join hospital employed 4-physician, 6-non-physician provider practice. Competitive compensation, generous benefits package, relocation, incentives, and loan repayment. Admit to Palo Alto County Health System's Hospital, a 25-bed critical access rural hospital with 467 annual admissions, 114 births, 22,126 outpatient visits, 5,258 specialty clinic visits and primary care clinic visits of 34,636. Call - 1:6 weekdays; weekends covered by contract service. Specialty clinics in ENT, Cardiology, Gynecology, Psychiatry, Pulmonology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Surgery and Urology. Imaging services include CT, MRI, Mammography, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine Mobile Unit, Vascular Studies and Bone Densitometry. Integrated system-wide electronic medical records, telemedicine and teleradiology. Part of the 9-hospital and 43-clinic Mercy Health NetworkNorth Iowa.
If you are committed to exceptional quality, world-class care, and desire a collegial, supportive working environment, come to Emmetsburg where you'll enjoy the best of Midwest living! Emmetsburg, Iowa isnamed in Top 100 Places to Live by "Relocate America'" is a "Sister City" of Dublin, Ireland. Located 3 hours southwest of Minneapolis; 1 hours west of Mason City, IA. Emmetsburg thrives with a stable economy, lakeside residential development, industrial park, new motels, restaurants, casino resort, and manufacturing enterprises. Low taxes/cost of living, excellent schools (public and parochial), affordable housing, low crime rate, diverse retail sector, community college, state park and lake front building lots. Come see what we have to offer!
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate of a medical/osteopathic medical school is required. Demonstrated competency as a physician by completion of an appropriate residency program; board certified or board eligible. Must be able to obtain Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa medical staff privileges. Above average communication skills. Ability to work with a team. Licensed or eligible for State of Iowaphysician license;Iowa Controlled Substance Certificate and Federal DEA Certificate.
NOTE: All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of references, background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Emmetsburg is an active community, located in the northwest corner of Iowa. We take pride in our relaxed atmosphere and family oriented lifestyle. Emmetsburg is a small town of approximately 3,800 people. It is small enough that you can get to know your neighbors, but large enough to offer almost everything you want or need. Located at the intersection of Highways 4 & 18 in Palo Alto County, it provides easy access to neighboring cities.
Emmetsburg is well known for its excellent school system and athletic teams, including Emmetsburg Community Schools, Emmetsburg Catholic School, and Iowa Lakes Community College.
Five Island Lake is a popular tourist destination where people can enjoy boating, fishing and swimming. Smith Wellness Center, located at the Iowa Lakes Community College Campus, offers various recreational activities for the young and the old.
Those whom are interested in Emmetsburg, whether it be a short stay or a permanent relocation, will find it to be a warm, inviting community.
Palo Alto County Health System (PACHS) is a not-for-profit county owned entity that operates for one purpose: to serve your wellness and "Lifecare" needs with respect and compassion. We do this by:
- Reinvesting our profits back into the communities we serve by improving healthcare services, buying new technologies, upgrading facilities, and making sure that care is available to everyone ' regardless of their ability to pay. Profits are not distributed to shareholders, as they would be in the case of a for-profit hospital.
- Working to improve the health of our communities. Compassion is the foundation for all that we do. Patients and their families are treated as people first, which means compassion, dignity, and respect are at the core of any treatment program. It also means that when someone is treated at one of our facilities, the needs of the whole person ' body, mind, and spirit ' are what matters >most.
- Providing a range of special benefits to the community, such as programs to manage care for persons with chronic diseases, health education and disease prevention initiatives, outreach for the elderly, and care for persons who are poor or uninsured.
PACHS provides a full continuum of primary and specialty health care from the birth of a new family member, to end of life care for residents of our communities.The main entities of PACHS include:
- Palo Alto County Hospital- 25 inpatient bed Critical Access Hospital
- Family Practice Clinicsin Emmetsburg, Graettinger and West Bend
- PARC Halla long term care facility
- Willow Ridge, Independent senior living apartments
- Community Health Services
- Home Health Service
- Hospice of Palo Alto County
- Public Health Department for Palo Alto County
- Palo Alto County Emergency Medical Services
PACHS is a member of the MercyOne Network, which offers opportunities for recruitment, training, education and networking and provides our community membersa 20,000 person support team. Your Best Life, Our One purpose. The MercyOne Network encircles you with the regions highest-rated services and more locations and personalized care for you and your family. Click Here to learn more about the Power of One within the MercyOne Networkhttps://www.mercyone.org/circle/