North East Medical Services (NEMS) is a non-profit community health center serving the medically-underserved populations of the San Francisco Bay Area. NEMS is one of the largest health centers serving Asians in the United States.
NEMS operates ten clinics throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, with the main clinic located at 1520 Stockton Street in Chinatown/North Beach; five additional clinics in San Francisco’s Portola, Visitacion Valley, Richmond districts and Sunset districts; as well as satellite sites in Daly City and San Jose.
NEMS has over 60 health care providers who offer a range of medical specialties.
- Provides primary medical care to all patients in accordance with the physician’s medical specialty
- Develops a plan of care for each patient, including: complete medical history, physical examination, diagnosis, appropriate treatment
- Hospitalizes NEMS patients when appropriate and serves as the attending physicians for the patient during his/her stay in the hospital
- On rotation, serves as the on-call physician when the NEMS clinic is not open
- Assists in the training of para-professional and non-medical personnel
Very competitive signing bonus, FRINGE BENEFIT PACKAGE including on call pay, NEMS 401 (k), 457 plan, and Profit Sharing Plan, Year-End Bonus, Performance and productivity incentive, Forgivable Housing Loan, Nine (9) Paid Holidays, Two (2) Float Holidays, Up-To-Date Subscriptions, Continuing Education Leave, State License and DEA Fees, Parking, Corporate Events
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of California.
- Board eligible or certified.