This position is responsible for assisting and educating families involved in transition to Family Care Community Partnerships (FCCP). Includes family advocacy and education of the service planning process as well as implementing treatment plans focused on family-centered practice. Additionally, this position will ensure that the ongoing treatment is meeting the unique needs of the family and act accordingly when changes are necessary.
Job duties include: SPANISH SPEAKING PREFERRED!
- Act as advocate for family to revise FCP as needed and ensure all appropriate persons receive a copy of the plan (i.e. family, Social Worker, referral agency) while adhering to all HIPAA and confidentiality guidelines.
- Responsible for ongoing data collection to serve as evaluation and assessment of the FCP.
- Provide ongoing support to families to empower and motivate.
- Improve parents’ child management skills through modeling, education, support and encouraging proper parental coping skills.
- Available for emergency on-call response to crisis situations.
- Coordinate services with schools, police, health care provider, court systems, and other service providers
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field. Knowledge of child and adolescent development, family dynamics, substance abuse, home management, parenting skills and crisis intervention. Must possess ability to relate to clients in a supportive, empathic manner, appreciation and respect for the difference and needs of others essential. Prior experience in child welfare, parent education, home-based services, crisis intervention, work with culturally diverse populations and families/children with behavioral health concerns. Requires a Valid Driver’s License; CANTS, BCI and fingerprinting background check.
- The competitive benefits program offered by Child & Family includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Discounted child care available at main building
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Worksite wellness programs
- Generous vacation & sick time
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
Child & Family will not discriminate against any individual on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, color, race, creed, national origin, ancestry, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations, genetic predisposition or genetic carrier status, or any other protected category under local, state or federal law, nor will anyone receive special treatment for those reasons, except for reasonable accommodation as required by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
C&F strives to achieve a workforce that includes representation of qualified affirmative action group members in proportion to the qualified and available target group workforce in the community that we serve.