Cortica is looking for a Family Wellness Counselor to join its growing multi-disciplinary team!
We are a rapidly growing healthcare company pioneering the most effective treatment methods for children with neurodevelopmental differences. Our mission is to design and deliver life-changing care – one child, one family, one community at a time. Ultimately, we envision a world that cultivates the full potential of every child. At Cortica, every team member is instrumental in helping us achieve our mission!
Our culture and values guide how we work and treat one another. Cortica celebrates diversity and fosters an inclusive environment, seeking ideas and opinions from everyone on the team. We safeguard equal rights and respect for all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, creed, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status or other applicable, legally protected characteristics. All Cortica employment decisions are made based on an individual's qualifications and ability to successfully perform the job responsibilities.
First and foremost, this role is about being an extraordinary clinician. Compassion for this unique population and a dedication to upholding the highest standard of clinical care is essential. The position involves approximately 75% time in direct client-facing care and 25% time is spent in team collaboration and care coordination.
This role provides clinicians with the opportunity to work with leaders in the field of child development and to broaden their clinical knowledge across disciplines through collaboration with master practitioners across neurological, sensorimotor, communication, and behavior therapies.
What will you do?
- Delivering direct client counseling services to families, couples, and children (patients, their parents, and/or their siblings).
- Utilizing therapeutic approaches that draw from a variety of disciplines and are tailored to the needs of the client. This may include Narrative Therapy, Play Therapy, Solution Focused Collaborative Therapy and others.
- Attending to relational ethics, while collaborating with others in the interdisciplinary team and the families we serve. Actively engaging other team members to ensure wrap-around support for the family and sharing of information and ideas.
- Participating in family care meetings with other providers.
- Attending Family Wellness Program group and individual meetings weekly.
- Complying with clinic policies and California BBS legal requirements by fostering practices that adhere to the standards of care and ethical guidelines, including confidentiality and mandated reporting.
- Adhering to – and supporting other team members adherence to – organizational standards and policies.
- Orienting families to Cortica's approach to comprehensive care for autism and other neurodevelopmental conditions.
- Maintaining documentation of services in line with HIPAA standards and Cortica standards.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You possess a master's in social work, Marriage-Family Therapy, or Professional Clinical Counseling from an accredited program.
- You are registered with California BBS as an LMFT or LCSW.
- You are well-grounded and knowledgeable about postmodern/post-structural theory, social-constructionism, and narrative approaches to psychotherapy.
- You have a commitment to providing exceptional client care and using client feedback to improve care
- You are open minded desire to learn from other professional disciplines and knowledge bases as well as local knowledge of colleagues and families we serve.
- You have a year or more of experience working with children or families with developmental differences.
Benefits you deserve:
Cortica cares deeply about each team member and their wellbeing! We strive to foster an outstanding employee experience and culture. We also provide a terrific benefits package. Full-time employees enjoy a variety of company subsidized medical and dental insurance options, 401K with company match and rapid vesting, Personal Time Off that increases based on tenure, paid holidays, company-paid life insurance, disability insurance options, tuition reimbursement for continuing education and professional development, employee referral bonus awards, and more.