LRP Publications, a division of LRP Media Group, produces FDR Training, the leading annual training conference for federal employees and civil service law practitioners within the United States. We are looking for a new Federal Conference Programmer to oversee the full-scope programming of this large-scale, annual and national FDR Training conference including:
- Lead the FDR Advisory Board, consisting of 20+ members, and schedule and attend board meetings located in Washington, D.C., 3-4 times per year.
- Regularly contact board members, sources, etc. for feedback on topics and speakers.
- Develop the full conference program and design sessions to fill the needs of our attendees.
- Review session proposals submitted by potential speakers; appropriately select and reject proposals.
- Invite and work with federal agency leaders to speak at keynote and interactive sessions.
- Travel to and attend the conference, resolve on-site issues, and act as a liaison with LRP staff.
- Maintain regular, consistent verbal / written communications with scheduled speakers
- Communicate program developments to other LRP groups and departments.
- Keep LRP staff advised of conference developments through the year.
- Attend meetings in person at our Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., office.
- Report regularly to LRP management on the status of conference developments.
Writing / Editing:
- Write and present speaker preparation webinar
- Write Welcome Letter for Show Guide, scripts, housekeeping notes, etc.
- Write coverage of the conference and events, including social media postings
- Edit conference-related marketing materials, speaker PowerPoints and other materials as needed
- At least 3+ years of experience working in the Federal HR, EEO, ER/LR or Human Capital sectors
- Strong writing / editing skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present content to a targeted audience.
- Ability to book conference speakers, coach them and review their presentations to ensure maximum impact with our attendees.
- An understanding of who the key government officials and thought leaders are to maximize the programing.
- Excellent communicator with experience managing a multitude of personalities and needs with the utmost respect.
- Ability to think outside the box and present clear idea to ensure diversity in our event programming
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency, along with consistent and thorough attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- MS Office / PowerPoint
More about LRP Media Group:
LRP Publications, a division of LRP Media Group, is an innovative global media powerhouse serving millions of business and education professionals worldwide. Founded in 1977 by Kenneth Kahn, LRP specializes in education administration, education law, education technology, federal employment, human resources, workers' compensation and disability.
Additionally, LRP annually delivers top-quality training and professional development to more than 80,000 professionals through its 13 award-winning conferences and tradeshows in China, Singapore and the United States. LRP currently employs more than 500 professionals in its Connecticut, Florida, Pennsylvania, Singapore and Washington, D.C., offices. For a complete list of LRP resources, eCourses and conferences, please visit www.lrp.com.
As an EO/AA employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran, or disability status.